Saltwater boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Ty rig that boat?[/QUOTE]

Ty rigged the boat and built the trailer.

Comment

TranCat 22 SVT and I love it.

Comment

22' Pathfinder w/150 Yamaha 4 stroke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the 19ft and 21ft shoalwater. When I get in the market for a new boat, it will be one of those two. My wife's cousin, had a 23ft shoalwater and loved it. I've never rode in the 19 or 21, but love the way they look and are laid out. My fil runs a scb recon, more than your wanting to spend, but a nice boat. I'd go with a shoalwater imo.

Comment

18 FT. Shallow Sport, 115 ETEC

Comment

I run a 2017 Tiburon 21ft. It will take the chop, gets up really shallow, and will ruin stupid skinny. So far I have no major complaints about it.

I did have a steep learning curve coming from a monster 24 foot blue wave, but all is good now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	boat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	24491069

Google Tiburon and check out some of the videos, and if you really want to have some fun, set up a test run with the dealer. If the owner of Tiburon "Jeff Garner" takes you out, he will make a believer out of you in a hurry.

Comment

Tiburon is a great boat but they're not inexpensive by any means.

Jeff took that boat from the ground up and made something out of it. I've always been impressed with them.

Comment

These are some fancy rigs! Always wanted one but don't think I could get it dirty! We Cajuns run aluminum in the skinny water. That way you can just hammer out the dents!

Comment

I just run a 16x44 GoDevil Surface Drive hull with a Merc 25hp on it and can get about as skinny as I want. We almost exclusively fish the POC area and it works great with all the protected areas for a smaller boat. We like to sight fish reds and with the motor up and two guys, we can float in about 6" or so.

I have a 35hp Jet I want to try out on this hull and I think at that point I'll be able to run in about 98% humidity.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                      I think they may have never been in a better boat, I've seen majek's out in the flats and they perform well but nothing compared to a Dargel. This is why I've never mentioned them, seen to many people struggling to get on plane in the flats when the Dargel had no problem.

I have yet to struggle getting up in my RFL. Im in a cabin on the water now by the king ranch shoreline. The RFL rides pretty solid for a flat bottom even in chop i was surprised on how it handled it I thought it would be worse in chop.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                        Big Shallowsport stays at Port Mansfield. 21 Hewes middle coast.
                        The Haynie Cats seem to be great boats as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like that hewes. Great looking boat. How does it handle?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                          I just run a 16x44 GoDevil Surface Drive hull with a Merc 25hp on it and can get about as skinny as I want. We almost exclusively fish the POC area and it works great with all the protected areas for a smaller boat. We like to sight fish reds and with the motor up and two guys, we can float in about 6" or so.

I have a 35hp Jet I want to try out on this hull and I think at that point I'll be able to run in about 98% humidity.....
                          That hull will run on wet grass with a jet! I love the places we can get in these rigs. 22ft shallow boat and going that skinny, especially into ditches and canals.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Saltwater boats

I fished the Louisiana marsh Tuesday in this one. If you want shallow or no water, this is the meal ticket. I would suggest the Shoalwater Cat if you want to cross the bay and fish shallow. I love fishing skinny water and sight casting. I'll try to post some vids.

Last edited by Swampa; 04-06-2017, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              Seems to be a major difference between your 2 suggestions...
                              How so?
                              I mean I know one is a cat and one is flat. He asked for a skinny running boat for two to three people. Both of these options fit the bill, and even though the shoal is a cat, it will get you just as wet when there is a moderate amount of chop on the water, just like the rfl will.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                                I fished the Louisiana marsh Tuesday in this one. If you want shallow or no water, this is the meal ticket. I would suggest the Shoalwater Cat if you want to cross the bay and fish shallow. I love fishing skinny water and sight casting. I'll try to post some vids.

Beautiful setup!

Comment

Working...
                                X