Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
    Any recommendations for a smaller size flat or skiff. Looking to carry two people most of the time three sometimes. Will be fishing out of Port O'Connor most of three time.
    I ran a Carolina skiff j16 within a 25 on it and ran all over poc great 2 person skiff that won't break the bank

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
      Big Shallowsport stays at Port Mansfield. 21 Hewes middle coast.
      The Haynie Cats seem to be great boats as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      That Hewes is bad to da bone!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
        22' Tiburon getting up in 8" of hard sand bottom loaded.

https://youtu.be/CG2asVcxMMg

Man that can't be good on that motor or prop!

Oh look a fajita!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
          The Majek RFL is as rough as they get in choppy water but there is nothing that will run with them in shallow water that doesn't have a big motor and a propeller on the back of it.

I've been in all kinds of boats and I have seen Majek RFLs run in mud just covered with a little water that I don't think any other boat could do.

There is a reason the bottom of that hull is completely flat lol.

I owned a Dargel Scout and there is no way it would get up in some places that I have been on a RFL.

They're both too rough and too wet to even talk about unless you are talking skinny skinny.

Agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Ive only rode in them but never piloted one. Are you referring to running it when it gets up on plane and trimmed out good or? I wont be in the boat market for sometime cause Im happy with the Nautic star but the 23 cat is a nice rig

Did Ty rig that boat?

Pretty safe bet

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
              Man that can't be good on that motor or prop!

Oh look a fajita!!
              I don't know, but I see idiots running down the ICW with rooster tails like that all day trying to look cool.

Comment

Man I love how that light bar is mounted. Sharp..... How does that boat ride? Rough water?

Looks like your out of Matagorda from the looks of that pix. Think I have seen those surroundings some time back.

Originally posted by Bill's Unlimited View Post
                I'm cutting my teeth on a 21' Flats Cat right now

Preparing for some coastal duck hunting and adding to the WORP fleet

Just had the front rack built. 65qt fish and duck cooler, casting platform, and LED bar placement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know, but I see idiots running down the ICW with rooster tails like that all day trying to look cool.

Rooster tail doesn't do much damage unless its brown [emoji6]

Comment

04 22ft Predator

Comment

Originally posted by J-Fish View Post
                      Man I love how that light bar is mounted. Sharp..... How does that boat ride? Rough water?

Looks like your out of Matagorda from the looks of that pix. Think I have seen those surroundings some time back.

Thanks. The rack has mounts for side cubes if I need them. Yes, Matagorda at my brothers place.

So far the ride is good, picked this up considering my brother had one before and like the ride - as others have said you need to know your boat. I'm pleased with it.

Hears another pic of the rack from the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                        Any recommendations for a smaller size flat or skiff. Looking to carry two people most of the time three sometimes. Will be fishing out of Port O'Connor most of three time.
                        Shoalwater 19 cat or majek 18rfl. Either with a 115 Yamaha. Perfect for what you are looking for as long as you aren't trying to cross big bays in the wind.

Comment

I've been looking for a bigger bay boat that will run skinny and also handle chop. Im not a big fan of no sided boats. Been looking at Dargel kats but thinking about a couple year old el precasting cat or scb recon or stingray.

Comment

I've been looking for a bigger bay boat that will run skinny and also handle chop. Im not a big fan of no sided boats. Been looking at Dargel kats but thinking about a couple year old el precasting cat or scb recon or stingray.
                            Take a look at Tran Sport boats SVT line. You'll be glad you did.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                              Shoalwater 19 cat or majek 18rfl. Either with a 115 Yamaha. Perfect for what you are looking for as long as you aren't trying to cross big bays in the wind.

Seems to be a major difference between your 2 suggestions...

Comment

22' Tiburon getting up in 8" of hard sand bottom loaded.

https://youtu.be/CG2asVcxMMg

Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X