No announcement yet.

Snow Skiing -Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Tahoe is epic. Kirkwood is the crown jewel. My favorite resort.

Comment

Several areas open now and more about to be. A nice dumping next week or so starting today.
      Should be a great year for skiing.
      Be mindful of the Traction Law when you go up.

Comment

Wow. It's super early.

Comment

“Mother Nature chipped in with almost a foot of snow during this last storm cycle, and that was the boost we needed,” Loveland said. “Winter is officially here, and we can’t…

I guess "several" was a bit of a stretch but some are open and it's looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Lake Tahoe is epic. Kirkwood is the crown jewel. My favorite resort.
            I grew up skiing that place. Still my favorite. Tons of natural snowfall. Far enough off the beaten path of South Shore that the lines were never too long. Been many years though. Used to have season passes every year there.

Comment

Headed to Breck about that same time frame. Looking forward to it. Boys are 9 and 12 and loved it a few years ago when we went to Angel Fire. I'm excited to ski CO this trip.

Comment

I believe Keystone is foretasted to get and additional 6"-10" tonight!. Build that snow base

Comment

Headed to Wolf Creek December 29th through January 2

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Keystone received 7" last night

Comment

Don't forget Steamboat, really pretty area and family friendly. Bit of a drive but nice town as well.

Comment

going skiing for the first time between Christmas and New Years in Taos

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                          Headed to Breck about that same time frame. Looking forward to it. Boys are 9 and 12 and loved it a few years ago when we went to Angel Fire. I'm excited to ski CO this trip.
                          Peak 9 has some great wide open greens for families.

Comment

If yall ever wanna get away from the norm I highly recommend Grand Targhee Ski Resort, they already have lots of snow and is a great area to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                              going skiing for the first time between Christmas and New Years in Taos
                              Red River is a much more laid back family mountain.

It's my favorite place now. I used to be all about the mega resorts with tons of terrain but now I hate lift lines and crowds.

Comment

Skip the skiing and rent snowmobiles and a guide. Tell them you want to stay off the trails. It will be the most fun you will ever have in the snow. Nothing like launch off a ridge into 6' of powder and riding through snow like you are on a jet ski. Also doesn't hurt when you fall off.

Comment

Working...
                                X