Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

We planted 20 acres of oats in mid October. Come up quick, need rain BAD!

Comment

A couple of pics from today.

Comment

Oats are eaten to the ground, but the plot is only two years old, still in the amendment stage. It was an old logging deck and I’m still building topsoil.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wheat. This plot is older, ph is good and it’s doing well despite the lack of rain. It should get a little boost with Friday’s rain.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
              How do you guys keep the hogs from tearing these up? I thought about putting out some oats and rye but I'd just be pissin in the wind with the hogs. Really don't think it even sprout. They'd probably root the seed right out of the ground soon after it was thrown.
              Muddy, I have no problem planting cereal grains or beans/peas, but I tried corn once in a small strip and the hogs ate that up the night we planted. I have as many hogs as anybody has, unfortunately !
              Attached Files

Comment

Mine never really exploded this yr like they did last yr. I didn’t get them planted until first of October and we had some cold weather pretty soon after they sprouted so assuming it hindered the growth. Still came in well just not the yield of growth I had before.

Comment

Amazing what some fertilizer and rain will do.

Comment

Purple top turnips have exploded in growth. May not be the biggest but thought but thought they are pretty good size.
                    Last edited by No-Tox; 01-18-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

looking good guys!

Comment

With the warmer than normal days and continued spotty showers my Bosque River Ground plots are unreal. Problem is the grains are out running the grazing and some seem to becoming less palatable.

If we do not catch a February multi-day freeze I might be shredding mine early to give the clovers a chance......

Rwc

Comment

Mine are doing good and are being used a lot. Should be picking up a bunch of sheds before too long!
                          Attached Files

Comment

I just came back from the ranch and the food plots look great for this time of year.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

How are the fall food plots so far?

Even though it’s spring the fall plots are taking off in North TX. I had poor turnip and radish results this year in a couple different plots, but the red clover, winter peas, and elbon rye broadcast with it has come up pretty well.

I thought I had a decent thatch layer but radishes grew much better last year when I disced them in instead of broadcasting and rolling them in over dead stalks, which is odd to me since the seeds are so small.

Elbon rye in a new small plot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Mountaineer; 03-19-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I planted wheat and medium red clover in this plot last fall. The wheat did relly well fall and winter and looks like the clover is poised to take off.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X