Fischer’s in Muenster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
    The problem is you're comparing it to Sklenarik's!(Best in the business imo)
    Sounds to me like you didn't get YOUR deer back.That's a bunch of scratch to spend,and not enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Sure wish Sklenariks or Halls was still convenient. Got very spoiled to not having to worry about issues like this.

Comment

I would also recommend Wild Country in Lindsay. My Cousin helps run the place. Always your deer you get back.

Comment

I have heard numerous people say they've taken things to fishers for processing and weren't pleased. My father had a similar experience with a cow there as well and had been told by many people local to muenster that fishers keeps the prime meat for resale and gives you your weight in meat back. Their stuff over the counter is wonderful but I personally would not take my stuff there to be processed. My dads cow tasted terrible and it was an Angus that we fed out for a month before taking up there, even the cuts of meat were bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmarsh9 View Post
          I have heard numerous people say they've taken things to fishers for processing and weren't pleased. My father had a similar experience with a cow there as well and had been told by many people local to muenster that fishers keeps the prime meat for resale and gives you your weight in meat back. Their stuff over the counter is wonderful but I personally would not take my stuff there to be processed. My dads cow tasted terrible and it was an Angus that we fed out for a month before taking up there, even the cuts of meat were bizarre.

Live and learn I guess.

I just need to find someone that likes it and is willing to trade for some beer. [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen View Post
            I would also recommend Wild Country in Lindsay. My Cousin helps run the place. Always your deer you get back.

Nice to know. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

I've got a buddy who worked at Fischers for years. He says they batch sausage but all your other cuts you get your deer back.

I'd be really surprised if they are pilfering through everybody's stuff and pulling prime meats for themselves. There is a USDA inspector on site and really as much processing as they do there just isn't time for that.

All that said, we had a calf butchered there in the fall and I was less than impressed but since I didn't personally give them the cutting order I don't know if they screwed it up or my dad did. He has a habit of not listening to what you are saying to him even when he asked me how to have it cut. I've got 1 1/2" thick 4lb sirloin steaks that I was intending to be 1/2" thick for fajita meat. Not sure what I'm going to do with them now.

One thing I can say about it, if you have meat from there and it is in their plastic shrink wrap, re-wrap it butcher paper or vacuum seal it. My stuff had all kinds of holes int he plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmarsh9 View Post

Same. We stopped taking our beef there to be processed as well. Not sure what the deal was, but we did not like the taste (had a twang to it) and the lack of marbling made us think we weren’t even getting our beef back. We use Hess for that now and it seems quite a bit better.

Comment

I stopped using them a few years back bc they always acted like me bringing a deer in was such a hassle for them. Lol not sure why but my buddy said the exact same thing. Better options out there anyways, in my opinion. If i'm in that area, I'll use Hess. If not, I like Hunter's Choice in Sanger.
                  Last edited by Fmjag64; 01-20-2020, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I'm wondering if it's a taste preference thing. I had the same kinds of smoked sausage made there and my family though it was terrible. My dog got most of the first pack we opened. I then gave some to a friend and his family said it wasn't bad at all, so I gave it all to them. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
                      I'm wondering if it's a taste preference thing. I had the same kinds of smoked sausage made there and my family though it was terrible. My dog got most of the first pack we opened. I then gave some to a friend and his family said it wasn't bad at all, so I gave it all to them. Go figure.

If it tastes like what I have he was just being kind since you gave it to him. [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Comment

I do not really have a dog in this fight but to suggest that Fishers takes the prime cuts of your beef and sells it while replacing yours with inferior beef is a pretty **** bold statement. I have known those folks for over 50 years, cannot believe they would ever do something like that. I really cannot believe anyone would even proclaim something like that on this forum based on hearsay.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                          I do not really have a dog in this fight but to suggest that Fishers takes the prime cuts of your beef and sells it while replacing yours with inferior beef is a pretty **** bold statement. I have known those folks for over 50 years, cannot believe they would ever do something like that. I really cannot believe anyone would even proclaim something like that on this forum based on hearsay.

Completed unrelated but do you have a relative running for office up in that area? Saw some signs Saturday rolling through and the last name stuck out from seeing you on here.

Comment

My brother use to live in Saint Jo, he took a deer there one time, went to unload it and there were deer carcasses piled up that people had brought in that weren’t gutted and had already started to bloat. He just left and went somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                              Completed unrelated but do you have a relative running for office up in that area? Saw some signs Saturday rolling through and the last name stuck out from seeing you on here.
                              Yes I do, County Judge. And I do not have any affiliation with fishers, i just know the folks that own it, they are fine folks, would not intentionally cheat anyone. I do have two first cousins that work the meat department, one of them has made their sausage for maybe 30 years, the other is a meat cutter.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
                                My brother use to live in Saint Jo, he took a deer there one time, went to unload it and there were deer carcasses piled up that people had brought in that weren’t gutted and had already started to bloat. He just left and went somewhere else.
                                My buddy who use to work there had a guy bring a deer in the Monday after Thanksgiving. It usually wouldn't be that weird except the deer was in the trunk of a car, guts still in it, and the guy shot it on Thanksgiving.

Un-gutted bloating deer probably wasn't a Fischers problem.
                                Last edited by adam_p; 01-20-2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X