Shooting range close call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting range close call

I went to my local outdoor shooting range earlier today and almost witnessed a disaster. A father and his sons were rifle plinking well the range officer called a cease fire. A man was setting up a new target, he got about 10 feet from the shooting line when all of a sudden a shot rang out. We all froze I looked at the man walking he looked like he saw a ghost then I looked to my left and a cloud of dust built up a few inches from the dads foot. The son thought the rifle wasn’t loaded and pulled the trigger. It scared the crap out of all of us, the son got his azz chewed out big time.

And this is why I don’t do public shooting ranges

Comment

I’m always nervous and on guard around the public ranges. The ones I shoot at are pretty strict so I’ve never witnessed anything like this, glad no one got hurt.

Comment

the range I go to, we are not even allowed to be holding or touching the guns when there is a cease fire. close call for sure

Comment

Wow but i thought all range stoppages required guns to be left at the shooting box and not bring them with u when u step back.

At least they do that at Reds.

Comment

Wow crazy. Glad nobody got hurt.

Comment

SMH...

So much fail.

There's a reason why you don't fondle guns when the range is called cold, even if they "aren't loaded"

Glad no one got hurt

Comment

Scary! No good reason for that kind of crap! The kid needs to spend some time really learning the 10 commandments of gun safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had my 7 yo daughter with me, it had me thinking. The son was around 11-12 yo, they didn’t have the best gun safety etiquette....

Comment

The members on this site could fill a book on the idiot mistakes they have seen at public gun ranges. Glad I don't have to shoot at them.

Comment

I no longer go to public ranges. Had several close calls. Just not worth it.

Comment

Public ranges are the worst, I have zero problem dropping $200 a year for my range membership.

Even the Fudds trying to make up rules about rapid fire are an a-ok trade to not get muzzled every time I go to the range...

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          And this is why I don’t do public shooting ranges
                          This

Comment

Close one.

Was at my local members only range one day about 3 years ago. Even though it is a strict place, accidents can and will happen. A family was shooting at a table in the middle of the firing line and a competition shooter was proned out shooting an Anshultz type 22 on one of the ends of the range. Next thing I know one of the familes’ kids (prolly 12 or so) takes off down the range and makes it about 30 yards before I see her. As I yell cease fire the Anshultz shooter squeezes off a round. With his competition garb on he didn’t see the kid down range. No one was hurt but it still scared the crap out of us. Especially him. The shooter felt bad but it wasn’t his fault, the range was hot.
                            Last edited by UltraMax; 12-27-2019, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
                              Scary! No good reason for that kind of crap! The kid needs to spend some time really learning the 10 commandments of gun safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              The Dad needs a refresher as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X