Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever mess up knowing you was making a mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever mess up knowing you was making a mistake?

At 605 this morning I can make out a huge bodied deer at 50yd. By 610 he is eating food plot and I can tell he has big horns but dont know which deer. He feeds over into a shady spot as legal shooting time comes. Hes feeding butt to me slowly away. Turns broad side. Who is that deer?

A doe comes in 200yd down. He raises his head and starts walking that way. The going away adrenaline hits and yelling
    SHOOOOT ! I tell myself not to fall for that. I cant tell what deer im looking at.

He gets out of airgun range and walks out in much better light. Now I realize this is likely a monster I have never seen before as he chases the doe away and out of my life.

Sucks being down to one tag.

What’s a mistake?

Comment

Yes but at bow distance.

Comment

He aint gone far

Comment

I’m kind of an expert in that field.

Comment

Camera up in that spot? Hang in there!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Yes but at bow distance.
              It's funny how you constantly go out of your way to poke at people who aren't bowhunting- you can pour the pee out of your cheerios if you want!

Comment

Man, I did the exact same thing this past Saturday morning. Had a big bodied deer with above average antlers at the feeder (20 yds) for 15 minutes but it was just barely light and I know in low light conditions things tend to seem bigger. Anyrate, just before he decided to walk off I had just enough light that I could have taken the shot.....but I talked myself out of it. Just couldnt tell 100% which deer it was. As he fed a little further out and it got more daylight I see him through the binoculars and I knew I passed up a **** good deer. Anyrate, hopefully we will cross paths again here pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Camera up in that spot? Hang in there!
                  Yes there is a camera on corn but he never went there while I was watching. He may be on it though. I had 6 bucks in here yesterday eve. The three big boys didn't go to corn then. I had an unidentified come in too late and I bet it was this deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                    It's funny how you constantly go out of your way to poke at people who aren't bowhunting- you can pour the pee out of your cheerios if you want!
                    Simple question. Simple answer. Rub some salve in your b hole. You’ll be fine.

Comment

Have you ever set up a “feeding doe decoy” in the food plot?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        Simple question. Simple answer. Rub some salve in your b hole. You’ll be fine.
                        You're very consistent with those 'simple answers'; no salve needed here! I'll be gun and bowhunting this weekend-if I post a gun kill I'll be sure to have some KY handy for you

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Have you ever set up a “feeding doe decoy” in the food plot?
                          No because I generally have several live feeding decoys out there.

Comment

Just heard a nice fight maybe 50 yds out in my sanctuary. Some bucks are still close.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                              You're very consistent with those 'simple answers'; no salve needed here! I'll be gun and bowhunting this weekend-if I post a gun kill I'll be sure to have some KY handy for you
                              Lol. See! Now that’s how we poke at each other. Simple, humorous and harmless. Now go shine your 1000 yard smoke pole.

Comment

Working...
                              X