X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preferred Barrel Blanks

Has anyone bought one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Misunderstood lol. Didn’t know that was a company.

Comment

Never heard of them but I just checked their website and I might get a barrel on order before to long.

Comment

They built me a 338 barrel for 338 Win Mag. I can't tell you how it shoots because it is still being built at West Texas Ordnance. Clayton at WTO said they are very high quality.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Misunderstood lol. Didn’t know that was a company.

Is that bad or good?

Comment

Are they cut are buttoned? Their site seems to be under construction.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
              Are they cut are buttoned? Their site seems to be under construction.
              They were only doing button last year but now can do single point cut rifling, I think they have a sister company called MGM. MGM makes custom barrels for Thompson Center guns.

Comment

Not saying they are good or bad but I learned my lesson being a Guinea Pig. Bartlien, Krieger, or Hawk Hill for me.

Comment

I have a Mueller and I love it. Can't say anything concerning them except from what I learned is they use a process where they spin the barrel at 300,000 rpm, which I find confusing, I didn't know that could be done.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                    Not saying they are good or bad but I learned my lesson being a Guinea Pig. Bartlien, Krieger, or Hawk Hill for me.
                    I only chamber a couple barrels a month at most so I don’t have the numbers to say otherwise but I have yet to cut a Bartlein that didn’t shoot.

Comment

@stick1

I've never heard of them... Check reviews on the hide

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                        @stick1

I've never heard of them... Check reviews on the hide
                        I haven't cut any yet, so I don't have much to add. If Clayton is running them, I'm betting they are good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                          I only chamber a couple barrels a month at most so I don’t have the numbers to say otherwise but I have yet to cut a Bartlein that didn’t shoot.

My 22-250AI Bartlein is a tack driver.

I’m thinking about trying one of their carbon barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                            Is that bad or good?

Neither. I thought your OP was asking what we prefer. Then I looked it up. Didn’t know the company existed. I have a select few I like and I don’t really stray from them so I don’t look at new brands. Curious to see how they do.

Comment

Working...
                            X