Matagorda surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matagorda surf

Looking at fishing the surf in poc this weekend. Looks like swells will be around 2.5ft tomorrow. Are those good conditions? I don’t have any experience in the surf, just looking for input.

If it's not 1-2' or less I stay in the bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
      Looking at fishing the surf in poc this weekend. Looks like swells will be around 2.5ft tomorrow. Are those good conditions? I don’t have any experience in the surf, just looking for input.
      2.5 is too much for me to fish the surf, others may say different.

Comment

If I get to the surf and it’s 2.5 I’m dropping the tailgate and drinking beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2.5' swells means the wave is really 5' from the bottom to the top. Sorry, no go.

Comment

It's gonna blow in POC this weekend. We cancelled our trip.

Comment

It was borderline today and this weekend will be worse. If you do go, get live croaker as that’s all the specks seem to be hitting right now. This is assuming you will be wading and not throwing a big rod.

Comment

For trout those are bad conditions, but for bull reds and sharks they're fine.

Comment

I’d stay in the bay or drink beer. Just fished the surf there Thursday eve and Friday morning. Got the *** end of a good bite and low swell from Tuesday and caught solid fish on croaker Thursday afternoon but it wasn’t nonstop action. However, Friday was pretty weak and the wind had picked up. As said, anything over one ain’t fun

Comment

It was too rough to get a boat in there today unless you wanted it bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                      It was too rough to get a boat in there today unless you wanted it bad.
                      We saw a bunch of boats early this morning near Mitchell’s Cut. They vacated by 7:30-8:00. We were on the beach. Took us a while, but we got all our reds and few bonus bulls.

Comment

Working...
                      X