Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
    HEB has them also. I agree with the grease. But it's so good lol
    Have you ever had machacado a la Mexicana?
    Made some for my buddies during the morning hunt for the Teal opener and am no longer allowed in hunts unless I cook more up lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

This!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      Chorizo and eggs tacos caused me to gain 20lbs.

Dang, I'm coming up on a year since I've had one.
      I am sure chorizo and eggs, then other forms of TexMex I have eaten so much of, are the cause of most of my over weight situation.

Comment

I lived in CC for 20 years and not sure where this is: "Mexican neighborhood in Corpus"

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
          `
          Have you ever had machacado a la Mexicana?
          Made some for my buddies during the morning hunt for the Teal opener and am no longer allowed in hunts unless I cook more up lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
          I'm not a fan. Matter of fact you would not be allowed to cook during any of my hunts

Comment

Sounds really good. But I think that may be the longest recipe I had ever read. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
              I grew up around Corpus area, back in the 70s and 80s. .

Same here...but in the little farming town of Taft. The little hole in the wall mexican restaurants had the best breakfast tacos. The parents of my teammates did too. They would hit us up on the bus rides to track meets and tournaments and trade our sandwiches/biscuits for their tacos. I was willing and so were they. Good times

Comment

Dang that was an awful long write up to say cook chorizo, add eggs and scramble. Heat tortillas and eat.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Same here...but in the little farming town of Taft. The little hole in the wall mexican restaurants had the best breakfast tacos. The parents of my teammates did too. They would hit us up on the bus rides to track meets and tournaments and trade our sandwiches/biscuits for their tacos. I was willing and so were they. Good times
                  So, you were a Greyhound? Taft is full of Wind Turbines now. I was shocked at how many was around there the last time I drove through there.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    Well now I want chorizo and egg tacos for breakfast

Don't have a clue where to get any good ones either

One of the girls that works at the hospital brought me a couple her mother made once and they were delicious
                    The Blue Store in Noonday has some good ones

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

No onions? No jalapeño? No cheese? No potato? No salsa? Sounds edible but dull.
                      I kid. I’ll eat chorizo & eggs anyway you fix them but I do like to dress them up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                        So, you were a Greyhound? Taft is full of Wind Turbines now. I was shocked at how many was around there the last time I drove through there.

Born and raised but my Dad got promoted and moved us to Bulverde... so I finished a Smithson Valley Ranger.

Yeah still have family in the area. They dang sure trashed up the skyline with those but at least the farmers are making some extra coin off of it.

Comment

I used to love chorizo until I made the mistake of reading the ingredients.

I ain't down with eating lymph nodes.

Comment

Chorizo San manuel is the best one in the market.

Love me some chorizo and egg or chorizo and bean brekfast Tacos

Comment

Born and raised but my Dad got promoted and moved us to Bulverde... so I finished a Smithson Valley Ranger.

Yeah still have family in the area. They dang sure trashed up the skyline with those but at least the farmers are making some extra coin off of it.
                              My brother was a coach @ NB Canyon in the late 90’s into 2000’s. They played some good games against SV. It is a nice area. There is a house up on a hill that overlooks the football field. I always thought that was cool.

Comment

I am originally from Calallen, but unfortunately we later moved to Ingleside area. I loved the fishing over there, but hated most everything else about the Ingleside area. Yes, I know Taft very well, used to go through Taft and Sinton all the time. There was not much in Taft back then, not sure what it looks like now. We used to have some property outside of Woodsboro, on the Mission River. If I remember correctly we used to go through Taft on the way to Woodsboro. I know we used to go through the area on the way to Mathis Lake and also Three Rivers. I have heard someone is putting in a big plant down in that area, don't remember who or what type of plant.

Comment

Working...
                                X