Gun safe advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun safe advice?

Ok Gentlemen, I’ve decided to buy a gun safe and possibly put it on the second floor but I want a really big one.

How big ( weight ) would you put on second floor?
    What type brand?
    What style lock?
    Where to buy one in DFW area?
    All advice and tips on making my choices.

I may have close to 30 smoking poles and 50 hand guns.

Thanks
    Terry

I have really liked my Liberty Fatboy extreme. Prob not big enough for what you have, but theirs safes are top notch. I had a cannon and it was terrible.. I like the dial lock. I didn't like wondering when the battery was going to go out.

Comment

AMSEC Burglary & Fire...bigger than you think. I wouldn't even consider getting one up stairs.

Comment

If you're putting it on the second floor, take a look at the SecureIt Agile line. Instead of a single, large safe, you can put together multiple small ones. I have two of their Answer 8's and am able to move them by myself with an appliance dolly. The Agiles would be even easier to move or disassemble and move.

The industry's most versatile, modular storage solution with unlimited customizations to fit your lifestyle. Shop now.

Comment

Buy a custom…I went with a 60x60 double door and couldn’t be happier!

Comment

A buddy of mine just finished a cool build for a client. Hidden door in the master closet behind the shoe rack. The rack sets on hidden hinges and swings open to reveal a staircase going up into the second story, super nice setup.

When your upstairs in the normal part of the house you would never know that behind one of the walls is a entire room dedicated to a arsenal.

Comment

Bought a Liberty Fatboy XL from https://www.a-1locksmith.com/colleyville/

I would recommend that you go by there and visit with them. They were very helpful and gave me things to think about that I hadn’t considered. From an installation standpoint, they will guide you in the right direction.

Comment

I second Liberty safes and the manual dial over a digital or electronic keypad.

Comment

you have to get that thing up there and one day in the future get it down.
                  they are a beast even with good help.

go manual dial over keypad also

Comment

I concur with the manual dial suggestions.

Comment

Buy as much as you can you always run out of space

Comment

Gun safe advice?

I’ll go against the manual dial recommendations. I had 2 go bad less than 2 years apart.

I’ve had my AMSEC electronic for 10 years and have only changed batteries twice. Has never failed to open.

And no way I would put a half way decent safe upstairs. I decent size well built safe is going to eat upwards of 1500#. Imo your framing isn’t built to handle that much weight in that small of an area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ok I can put safe on first floor in my office.

Wife said get a smaller one for upstairs.

Comment

The Safe Company Garland Tx, assorted flavors

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                              Ok I can put safe on first floor in my office.

Wife said get a smaller one for upstairs.
                              There you go! That’s the right answer!

Comment

Working...
                              X