Another boat project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another boat project

I sure don’t need it but kind of tempting since it could fit in my garage. Neighbor went to get his boat from winter storage yesterday and found it almost burnt up. Electrical short just smoldered really. Ruined all the wiring and left some minor gel coat cracking on the hull where’re the source of the fire was.
    The 115 Merc was running great last summer and is not damaged. He wants $1K and out. I think it might be a worthy flip project.

All that black is just soot that came off with a pressure wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like money to be made to me if you have the time

Comment

Thousands to be made there

Comment

Whole boat probably needs rewired, but who knows. For $1k I guess it’s worth a shot if you can do most the labor yourself. I also don’t know what those old champions are worth.

Comment

Seems like the motor alone should sell for way more but I have no interest in then trying to dispose of the hull. Trolling motor could sell for a couple hundred easy. Will need new batteries for sure. Wife is out of town and has not responded to my text about it. With all my other time-draining hobbies I'm thinking this might put me over the top for the dog house.

Comment

In my humble boat opinion..... RUN...

Comment

Dang...a Champion Fish-n-ski. Don't see many of those around!

Comment

I think it’s worth it if you plan on keeping, not sure it’s worth it to try and turn a profit. But would definitely be interested in following this thread.

If you don’t know what B.O.A.T stands for,
                “you gonna learn today!” (In my Kevin hart voice)

All joking aside I hope it works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                  Dang...a Champion Fish-n-ski. Don't see many of those around!

I think there is a reason for that.

Comment

That's a desirable boat. Someone on here was asking about nitro for his family. This is what he needs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same model boat I am fixing to sell. I rewired the majority of it when I bought it and it wasn't too bad of a job. That hull is a very good design, handles water great. I would be all over that for a grand.

Comment

There's definitely some money to be made there if you actually have the time.

Heck, just between the outboard, trolling motor and trailer you got more than $1K sitting there.

Comment

Gets even better, one of my good buds is gonna buy it. I'll help him git'er going and get to reap the fishing benefits too

Comment

id verify that the engine has spark before any commitment.
                            Very possible that the short traveled up to the engines power pack and or stator and if so it isnt worth scrap in my opinion.

Comment

If your friend doesn't buy it let me know. I would be interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X