Finally $$ well spent on stripers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally $$ well spent on stripers

After 22 years of almost exclusive saltwater fishing I caught my first fish on Granbury this week (channel cat on a crappie jig) then got a guide on Whitney today with a couple of buddies. Guide had been hammering the fish all week and I said my luck would make the bite turn off today. Sure enough it was a struggle. We fished hard for 11 keeper to 27” but it was a lot of fun. They sure don’t fight like a redfish but still a decent pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff! Looks like James Davis boat! I know he guides for striper there. We catch an occasional one on Tawakoni on a crappie jig! Lose 3 to every one we land though I bet!

Comment

Not sure I’ve ever had money well spent on strippers😳😂

Comment

Good deal! They’re sure fun to catch!

Comment

Good to hear ya got on some fish!

There be some fish on that lake you live on. Just gotta know where to go, what to look for. It can be a tough lake. But it's also where I caught my first striper back in 1979, under the old 377 bridge before today's rebuilt bridge. And also not the old Bus 377 bridge. That one striper kept me from becoming a bass fisherman. The older I got, bass fishing just kinda dwindled off after that.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
            Not sure I’ve ever had money well spent on strippers😳😂
            Yep... I was expecting completely different set of pictures!

Comment

very nice

Comment

stripers, thought this was about strippers

Comment

Originally posted by Rango View Post
                  Yep... I was hoping for a completely different set of pictures!
                  FIFY, lol,

Comment

Looks like a good time Chris.

Comment

Half shell on the pellet smoker sure made for some good eatin last night.
                      I’m boat shopping now and feel like I learned a lot yesterday so I’m optimistic that I can pull a few of these from Granbury too (TG).
                      Yes, guide was James Davis. He did say that Granbury is harder due to massive numbers of bait fish and recommended we fish with live bait there versus the artificial we used yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IMO nothing fights like a red--I told a friend it was like hooking up to the back side of a 'Vette and having them hammer down.

Comment

Waydago! I bet that was fun as hell

Comment

Nice catch. It's been a thousand years ago but I found Granbury very hard to fish.

Comment

At first I thought you misspelled “strippers”....nice catch!!

Comment

Working...
                              X