Crazy Halloween Story! (long read).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Halloween Story! (long read).

Helluva Morning/day/Halloween!...... Friday, 10-31-08.

No one will probably believe this (I was there and I hardly believe it myself), but this is the ****dest thing I've ever done/seen.

Me and my buddy left for the deer lease @ 3:30 Friday a.m. Gainesville to Graham/Breckenridge. Just as we entered Jack Co, I hit a big bobcat. I tried to dodge her but she cut back out in front of me at the last second. My buddy wanted to go back and get the cat, as he wanted to have it mounted if it wasn't too messed up. So....... around we turned, and sure enough, the cat didn't have a scratch or blood spot on her. Big cat, for a female, and a very good coat/pelt. My buddy threw her in the bed of the truck and off we went, for the rest of our exciting day.

Well........ after dodging umpteen hundred deer between there and the lease, we finally arrived. We still had about 30 minutes till time to get in the stand so we swung into camp to get dressed and to get the camp set up. Well.... my buddy went over to plug in the camper. All of a sudden he is screaming back to the truck, hollering for a gun/hoe. It's a 4' rattler right under the elec hook up. I found an 8' piece of ree-bar (sp) and we promptly disposed of the creature. No big deal, really.

That did take a little bit of our time so we were then in a hurry to get ready. It was pitch dark by the truck. I went over and was digging around for my scent lok hunting clothes bag when I heard a feeder motor go off in the back of the truck. I asked my buddy... "what the hell was that noise?" I didn't know if he'd brought a motor along and it was still set, and just went off. He said he didn't know what it was, but he'd heard it too. He thought it was something across the fence from the truck so he started in that direction. As he passed the truck (and as I grasped my bag), we heard it again, Louder, and definitely from the truck bed! I grabbed a light from the cab and shined it in the bed. HOLY CRAP! The Bobcat was crouched down, in a "pouncing" position, and growling like a rabid chupacabre!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I about fainted! I had dug around in the dark bed of that truck and was extremely lucky that that ****ed thing didn't latch ahold of me! She was alive and well, despite the 65 mph head smacking she'd taken! AND SHE WAS ****** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't have a gun and my buddy only had a .270. I didn't want to shoot a deer rifle, OR MY BOW, into the bed of my truck so I didn't know what to do. There was too much gear to get a good lick in on her w/the ree-bar (sp-again) so we were stumped. Plus, every time you got w/in light shining distance, she let out a very serious growl and crouched like she was a "jumper" !!!

What do we do? Were running out of night time, and needed to get in the stand. So.... we leave her in the back of the truck and go about our business (staying as far away from the bed as possible, but still hearing the growls occasionally).

We drive down in the pasture and I drop my buddy off (he was ****** because I backed the truck back up to the gate as he was closing it-common courtesy- )

The cat was still there when I left my buddy. I backed into my normal parking spot so as not to have to walk past the cat/truck bed. I did shine the light back there, only to get "barked at" (if a cat can bark) before I left.

I had a 400+ yard walk to the stand. Across a creek and through a mesquite flat. Then, 20 min after light, she walks by me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can only assume it's her, as I have no proof, but hell.......... strange things have already happened! I did't get a shot at her/it but it looked to be about the same size and about the same markings/color/pelt/coat so....... who knows!

When I got back to the truck the cat was gone, reassuring me that the cat I'd seen while on stand, was indeed her!

Rest of the morning was normal. All we did was kill 3 more rattlers w/in 20 yards of camp, before noon!

I thank GOD that that ****ed cat didn't latch ahold of me in the dark. Last thing I needed was a ****** off kitty crawling up my leg or landing on my face! Would have definitly meant a trip to the local ER!

Hilarious!!! That story is made for some hunting sit-com. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

that is wild!

Comment

Hahahahahahaahahahaha That Was Great!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Reminds me of Tommy Boy!!
          ROTFLMAO

Comment

Funny but not. Had that happen with sandhill crane and a hard top jeep. Sandhill cleared us out of jeep.

Comment

Now thats funny!
              Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                Reminds me of Tommy Boy!!
                ROTFLMAO
                Right!

Comment

That is a great story.
                  Thanks

Comment

funny stuff right there

same thing happened to my friend about 15 yrs ago when he was hunting in Arkansas. Except he hit a 4 pt in the fog, throws it in the bed of his truck, and 20 minutes later he realizes the deer is still alive and standing up in the back of the truck

Comment

Made me laugh out load. My wife said what's so funny. She read the post and was laughing as she headed out the dorr. Great story!

Comment

Wild times for sure

Comment

You might be a redneck..........LOL that was too funny........sounds like you need some feral cats around your camphouse to get rid of the snake problem...........

Comment

WOW!! That's a great story.

Comment

Great story, but you know it WAS Halloween!

Comment

Working...
                              X