East TX Venison Donation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East TX Venison Donation

Need to reduce doe numbers at my place, anybody know where i can donate the meat in east tx? Anderson county

Hoping to fling a couple arrows this weekend

thanks

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
    Need to reduce doe numbers at my place, anybody know where i can donate the meat in east tx? Anderson county

Hoping to fling a couple arrows this weekend

thanks
    There's a food pantry in our town.
    I'm reaching out to them.

Comment

Just in case my SCI chapter takes donations for the many shelters in Houston!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just heard back.
        Local lady says yes if it's processed an a USDA inspected facility. She called regional HQ just to make sure. They said No.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I swear there used to be a place where you could donate them field dressed

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
            Thanks for the replies. I swear there used to be a place where you could donate them field dressed
            There are members in need right here Im sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
              There are members in need right here Im sure.
              This was my thoughts also. There yours op to do as you wish, but im sure there are lots of members on here that would happily take quartered deer from you and process them themselves or pay the processing. Wether there hard on there luck or just have no where to hunt and would cherish some venison.

Comment

I wouldnt say im 'in need', but id take it and put it in my freezer. We eat a lot of venison and i give away what i cant eat to friends who cant hunt anymore

Comment

Not sure if any of the participating processors are near your area...
                  Hunters for the Hungry has provided over 10 million servings of venison to Texans in need. Through the program, hunters can drop off legally tagged, field-dressed whitetail or mule deer to participating meat processors. The partner processors prepare the venison for distribution through local food banks You can help by: Financially supporting the program with

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                    This was my thoughts also. There yours op to do as you wish, but im sure there are lots of members on here that would happily take quartered deer from you and process them themselves or pay the processing. Wether there hard on there luck or just have no where to hunt and would cherish some venison.
                    You never know. We are on hard times only temporarilyI hope but I live out in the country and have deer and hogs to harvest. A lot of people in hard times these days. A donation like that will make a family a lot of hamburger.
                    Last edited by Ætheling; 09-27-2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X