No announcement yet.

Pulled the trigger on a new pickup yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered my first F350 in April got it in august. Ordered another the first week of august and it will be built next week. I was rear ended 2 days ago so I ordered a replacement for the one I got in august and it has a build date of Oct 18. The turn around times are getting better. The pricing is MSRP or X plan at best if you know someone.

Comment

If you order a Ford look at the priority code on your build sheet. 10 is the highest and 20 is the lowest. That determines how quickly they put your truck into production. Ask your salesman to enter it as a 10. If I knew how to post pics I’d post my build sheets for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        Paid less than what?
        Less than MSRP. Less than wht most would have paid a yr or 2 ago. I got a great deal on the truck, the only thing was, it had to be a special order and had to wait.
        Now Im still waiting!

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
          Less than MSRP. Less than wht most would have paid a yr or 2 ago. I got a great deal on the truck, the only thing was, it had to be a special order and had to wait.
          Now Im still waiting!
          There is no way I would pay msrp for a vehicle.
          Anyone kind find a deal, you just have to be willing to put in the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
            Is it built yet? Or is it your build date that got pushed back? If your build date keeps getting pushed I’m betting you have the adaptive steering option selected. Drop that and you will get scheduled.
            It's in production no adaptive steering for me

Comment

Shoulda gone with a Ford. They built tough......

Comment

What did you pay for it? My 15 cummins is paid off and in excellent condition....been a long time since I haven't had a truck payment.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Now Im still waiting!
                  No chance, regardless of who you know that you paid less now then what anyone woulda paid 2 years ago!

SOme people can be fooled into thinking anything.

So you got 10k off sticker?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    No chance, regardless of who you know that you paid less now then what anyone woulda paid 2 years ago!

SOme people can be fooled into thinking anything.

So you got 10k off sticker?
                    You wanna put $ on it?

Comment

My friend purchased a 2020 Laramie with less options than I do.
                      I know what he bought the truck for. I custom ordered mine with options that I wanted. I know what I am paying and it is less than what that 2020 was new.
                      Sticker is obviously more on mine but I am paying less.

Comment

I think a lot of dealers will eventually go to this. Have limited stock for some people but have people order what they want. Saves on chips and inventory but keeps a customer happy getting what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                          I think a lot of dealers will eventually go to this. Have limited stock for some people but have people order what they want. Saves on chips and inventory but keeps a customer happy getting what they want.
                          My dealer indicated that this will likely be the new norm, at least for a while.
                          Very few incentives other than financing rates.
                          It was indicated that the auto industry is not struggling currently whatsoever. It is just the salesman, finance mgr's, sales mgr's, etc. who are being impacted financially.

Comment

My dealer indicated that this will likely be the new norm, at least for a while.
                            Very few incentives other than financing rates.
                            It was indicated that the auto industry is not struggling currently whatsoever. It is just the salesman, finance mgr's, sales mgr's, etc. who are being impacted financially.
                            I think there was a thread on here a while back where someone ordered a vehicle and got a good price. Put the deposit down and waited. When it showed up they called and said that it was in. When they arrived it was being test drove and they said its still for sale and the price is higher than agreed previously.

Comment

Yep, the world is figuring out that debt does not scare people. People will still fork over the money for their boats, RVs, ATVs, and vehicles just so long as they can cover the monthly payments. Prices will continue to rise until people stop buying stuff at the high prices. Getting really hard for the old-time cash payers.

Comment

Found the link

Comment

Working...
                                X