Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
    All I hear from all the service companies I talk to is staffing is the biggest problem.. they can’t get people back to work.

When you’re waiting on Schlumberger cementing services and you see the pump truck being towed in by a giant wrecker and find out it’s because they don’t have any one to drive it to location you know it’s getting bad!

True story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My older brother left for a job in Kansas that was supposed to be 6 wells and turned into 14. He hopes to be home by Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Motors keep turning, we keep working.

getting ready for the Q4 slow down and the inevitable panic that comes along with.

Rig count is up to ~650ish last I checked which is where we expected it to be at the end of the year.

Canada drilling season might push that to ~750

Comment

In Sales for a machine shop here in Houston. This week I took in $500K worth of Po's. First time this has happened in a WHILE.

Comment

All I hear from all the service companies I talk to is staffing is the biggest problem.. they can’t get people back to work.
            when you panic and lay off 90% of your workforce they tent to not trust you anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
              when you panic and lay off 90% of your workforce they tent to not trust you anymore.
              This,
              and then we are trying to hire them as contractors, making 60% of what they made before layoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                This,
                and then we are trying to hire them as contractors, making 60% of what they made before layoffs.
                That's what happens when business ethics and company trust gets replaced with shareholder profits and bottom lines. As long as workers are a number in finance and not the most valuable asset you will always get that, also adds to the reduced quality of work you get out of people as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ram04 View Post
                  That's what happens when business ethics and company trust gets replaced with shareholder profits and bottom lines. As long as workers are a number in finance and not the most valuable asset you will always get that, also adds to the reduced quality of work you get out of people as well.
                  Nailed it. Lots of companies treat employees like cattle then wonder why they don't get any loyalty from the employees

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

This,

Yep, and with house prices rising and everything else under the sun with it, "good money" isn't exactly good anymore.

Feel blessed to be working and looking at the calendar recognizing I'll be home for Christmas AND EMPLOYED for the first time since 2013 but what would be even better is if I were making more money than I was in 2013. [emoji19]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

What size signing bonuses are they offering?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                        What size signing bonuses are they offering?
                        Prolly not enough. People don’t have drivers to rig hands to dispatch.

Take better care of your people.

Comment

This,
                          My company is hiring back people they laid off, but only as temps with no benefits. I was laid off last September and called back in April at same pay and then they called 2 days before I was supposed to return to work and said my pay was incorrect and I would have to take a 8.00 per hour pay cut. I told them to FO and I would just stay retired.

Comment

Small Machine shop. We are busier than ever. Bought 2 more machines this summer, added on to shop, 6 full time guys now plus me. So far I have spent every dime on expanding to meet demand. Could still add a couple of guys if work warranted it, but Im about ready to settle in a bit and actually keep some money. Been a long tough road...

Comment

This,
                              On my side customers have been VERY cost conscious. One had a change up in management and has literally dropped every single machine shop that they previously used, except me.

Needless to say, one long time vendor in particular was ******! They got comfortable and thought it would be business as usual.

Comment

Bout 20 years on rigs myself, not going back. I managed to keep more of my $ than most rigs hands so I have options.
                                Several of my buddies who have the option are not going back.
                                No loyalty I can't tolerate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X