No announcement yet.

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted some Crappie ceviche so I spent 15 minutes from the bank and caught these 7! Oh yeah crappie ceviche is awesome
    Attached Files

Comment

Yessir it is. Gladesgator has it figured out. If you have a recipe please share!

Comment

Originally posted by mallardman02 View Post
        Had my mom and dad out on the boat this morning. The bite was tough but made some memories.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
        Man if that’s tough...Nice pic

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
          Yessir it is. Gladesgator has it figured out. If you have a recipe please share!
          I used 7 crappie to make it. fillets, 2 large bottle lemon juice, 2 cans rotell ,large jar green olives, large can pitted black olives, 1 onion, 1 avacado, 1 jalapeño (optional), 1bunch cilantro (optional). Cover filets with lemon juice in bowl(medium size), let sit 30 to 45 minutes drain and repeat 3 times or until meat comes apart by hand. Turn over filets each time. While fillets are cooking in juice drain olive juice and chop into halves or quarters, chop onion to your desire and how much you want, chop cilantro and jalapeño. Put these ingredients in a large separate bowl and add Rotel and salt and pepper to your taste. Stir ingredients, when fish is ready pull apart and add it to other ingredients, then cut avocado and stir in bowl. I usually pour a little more left over lemon juice in bowl of all ingredients. Refrigerate and serve

Comment

Quick afternoon trip. Caught a 2.98.. hooked her deep. Tried to cpr but she floated .

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a hog for summertime! Shame she didn't make it.

Comment

Just curious if anyone on here fishes at Tawakoni. I bought a place out there two years ago and finally have it all squared away. I'm about to start fishing the lake (recreationally) and am trying to pair up with someone who can help show me HOW to fish the lake. Not looking to steal spots.
                I'm also going to work on some structure to drop in some strategic spots around me but would like to see if anyone's already out there.

Comment

Tawakoni is a good lake! Lots of crappie. Size isn’t like Fork but a good number lake for sure! Had a tourney there last year and a couple trips. Haven’t been this year. State park is a good place to launch and they have a fish cleaning station.

Comment

Flex I am still running my 2 stroke 90 but have the new boat itch bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sunday Success

Had a Buddy swing by Friday looking for some time on the lake. He lost a Son recently to the Big C. We went out armed with Jigs and 10' B&M's. I think he had a pretty good day.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                        Had a Buddy swing by Friday looking for some time on the lake. He lost a Son recently to the Big C. We went out armed with Jigs and 10' B&M's. I think he had a pretty good day.
                        I would say so

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff right there!!

Comment

This thread is awesome, ya'll sure on them.

Comment

Prayers up for David Benson with Big Dave’s crappie guide service on Lake Palestine. I was told yesterday he’s in the hospital on a ventilator battling Covid. I’m so sick of this nasty virus.

Comment

Prayers sent

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X