Inverters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inverters.

A friend of mine told me about a power inverter I could install in my truck that would run a camper ac while going down the road. I haul lots of exotics and trying to find a way to run a ac without a generator. He said they are the same ones you see on those oilfield trucks that have the fiberglass shells on the back that have window units in them. I haven’t had any luck finding one that would work.

Pretty sure the ones they are talking about are the Goal Zero Yeti’s some of the over the road truck drivers are using them so they don’t have to idle or run generators while sleeping

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
      Pretty sure the ones they are talking about are the Goal Zero Yeti’s some of the over the road truck drivers are using them so they don’t have to idle or run generators while sleeping
      Where can you get them at?

Comment

Originally posted by texaswildlifeta View Post
        Where can you get them at?
        Just looked those up. I don’t think that’s what he was talking about. The end result is like the new 2021 Ford’s where there’s a plug in the bed of your truck

Comment

Sounds like inverters you wire up to your truck battery.
          Found in every truck stop in the US, and many other places. Lowes & HD carry em, but I don’t know if the ones they have go over a 1000 watts
          We order 2k watt ones online.
          You can run saws, fans, microwaves, anything you want depending on what size inverter you get.

Harbor Freight high-performance inverters are ideal for powering small appliances, laptops, game consoles and more. Compatible with all smartphones and tablets.

Comment

most inverters run between 1000 and 3000 watts. you would be better off with a propane generator for something mobile. those pipeline inspectors trucks use generators for the ac.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
              most inverters run between 1000 and 3000 watts. you would be better off with a propane generator for something mobile. those pipeline inspectors trucks use generators for the ac.
              I thought one had to be out of the vehicle to inspect pipeline construction?

Comment

1000 Watts is 83 amps at 12 VDC.
                2000 Watts is 166 amps
                3000 Watts is 250 amps

You better have one hell of an alternator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X