No announcement yet.

USPS is a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 2001 I worked in Alaska on the north slope, my wife would send me care packages to dead horse and it always amazed me that it took exactly 4 days to get from east Texas to dead horse Alaska. I always thought they do a good job, think of the logistics involved in that, just so I could have some fresh Copenhagen. LOL

Comment

Having worked in the LTL freight business I've see first hand how packages are moved. It's an amazing piece of logistics to see in action. To be honest, I can't believe there aren't more screw ups than there are.

Comment

Originally posted by Luck_of_the_Draw View Post
        Two days=two days

I'm just happily surprised they even made it here. Theyve lost more packages than they've delivered.

I can see the post office from my house. I don't have a regular mailman for my route. My mailbox is actually located on another street. It's been like that for 30 plus years. Maybe one of these days they'll figure it out. I doubt it
        The day shipped does not count as a day in 2 day delivery

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
          I ship and received with USPS -very few problems at all.
          This. Most everything I've shipped through USPS is on time or early. Faster than UPS and usually cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
            They should stick to what they're good at delivering mail not packages.

I work for a FFL and they used to drop off packages on Sunday when we were closed and the driver would sign for them. We would show up on Monday with gun sitting on the front porch.

Just be thankful that the rifle didn't go and shoot anybody on its own.

Comment

My gf paid for 2 day shipping on July 30 and it's still in Houston.....

Comment

I've been shipping more recently, and I think it's mostly who's running your local shop. I like the ladies there just fine, and tracking and ship time seems reasonable as well. what are your other options? UPSstore, or FedEX kinkos. I've had people be what can only described as straight up rude there. Like I said, depends on the people.

Comment

My mail carrier must have a negative reading on her give a **** meter or be plain stupid. She can't seem to find the difference in Court and Drive. Opening my mail box is like a scratch off lotto ticket daily even after multiple conversations with her and the post master.

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
                    The day shipped does not count as a day in 2 day delivery
                    Then I guess the black and white of its doesn't matter.

If you print a receipt that states an "expected delivery date", then I expect it on that date.

If you say your going to something, then do it.
                    Last edited by Luck_of_the_Draw; 08-22-2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I was told by my mailman that packages would run late if going through the Houston area. And the one i mailed to another tbher arrived late as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                        Yeah I'm not too crazy about the USPS system either....they keep putting bills in my mailbox instead of just junk mail
                        Bills and no draw hunt licenses so far this year.

Comment

Never knew there was so much crying about a package being late.

Would be a lot better to just go back to no tracking...Lower blood pressure for many.

Comment

with priority mail I have never had a problem, and i send and receive lots of packages. Just blessed I guess sorry to hear so many problems

Comment

sent some Costas to be repaired and took 14 days using the three day express. the tracking showed they sat in Dallas about 10 days. I called and filed online complaints. a supervisor finally called and said they had a problem in the Dallas office. No S$@%!! I swore I would ship everything UPS of FedEx after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X