Sock Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sock Help

I’m hauling my kids north for Christmas. I expect temps to be in the area of freezing with lots of walking. They only wear tennis shoes. I know they need boots but they won’t wear them afterwards and I don’t wanna waste money. Are there any socks or liners that can be worn with sneakers that will protect against cold and possibly wet?

Wool. will keep them warm even when wet and will help keep feet dry from sweating.

Comment

Cold, yes. Wet, no.

Merino wool is best. But sneakers are gonna be cold anyway, if it's really cold.

Comment

Wool are mohair would be my guess.

Comment

...and most sneakers these days are like a sponge! Wool socks and take a few extra pairs of shoes.

Comment

Wool like said above

Comment

Cheap rubber boats and wool socks

Comment

Sock Help

In addition to wool socks, will they wear Merrell shoes? I love my Merrells, and they last forever. Some of them are waterproof and they’re great on ice and snow.

Comment

Heat Holder socks are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                    In addition to wool socks, will they wear Merrell shoes? I love my Merrells, and they last forever. Some of them are waterproof and they’re great on ice and snow.
                    No they won’t. I wish they would. They are all about tennies. So is wool the way to go?

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                      I’m hauling my kids north for Christmas. I expect temps to be in the area of freezing with lots of walking. They only wear tennis shoes. I know they need boots but they won’t wear them afterwards and I don’t wanna waste money. Are there any socks or liners that can be worn with sneakers that will protect against cold and possibly wet?
                      as said above go with wool. try and get something with atleast 70% wool. i had cold feet for years until i started going by this guideline, big difference

Comment

The ones I have are Merino wool and synthetic hybrids they have an M at the top (can't remember the brand) - knee high and good to around 15F What's really nice is they're moisture wicking. Used to live in Co. and worked up on the divide - w/o these if you sweat your done!! Very thin too

Comment

I guy in bass pro the other day , ( not an employee) , was looking at some socks and told me they were seal skin. I’d never heard of them. He said he was a longtime duck hunter and had hunted in close to zero temps in them. Said no other sock on the market could touch em. Seems like they were $35 and the guy swore by em. Might have been liners just don’t remember.

Comment

Smart Wool merino socks. I wear mine probably 6 months out of the year up here.
                            They make some thin crew type ones that will keep their feet warm when they get wet.
                            LL Bean also has some good thin merino hiker socks.

Comment

Usually up north you can find rubber overshoes. It’s basically a rubber boot cut off at the ankle. They are made to go over boots or shoes. Keeps shoes warm, dry, and clean. Get back to the truck and pull them off. They’re great

And as others have said. At least 80% merino socks.

Comment

Working...
                              X