No announcement yet.

Illinois bans gas powered leaf blowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, wonder if I can get a deal on clearance somewhere online up there, free shipping?

Seriously though I almost got in a wreck the other day in my Truck, swerving to avoid some grass clippings

Didn't they just pass legalizing MJ, hey man that leaf blowers ruing my buzz, Outlaw them LOL

Comment

I live in Illinois, for now. Cook county runs the show. Our vote down state does not matter. That is a proven fact. My taxes have doubled, gas price tax increase 19 cents per gal, trailer license have increased $100 across the board, 5 cents per plastic bag tax, etc. These are all stupid and only line the pockets of the crooked politicians. I can’t wait to get out of this state. Trying to sell property here is ridiculous, it’s over taxed and few are buying. I want out but how much loss am I willing to incur is the big question.

And now they are talking about taxing us on online usage, cable, streaming and internet usage. Probably going to cost me just to post here before it’s over

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Agreed. Use mine for many things. .. they are like gas powered duct tape. Many many uses around the house.
        Me as well. Many uses. There’s no way they could outlaw them. Especially in the country. They serve much more purpose than a motorcycle and I have both. I have a good video of my son being creative with a leaf blower if anyone can post it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          I don’t care about the ban, but I need to know what kind of dust bowl people are cutting in to need a leaf blower for their header???

Also, it takes about 30 seconds to get out of the tractor to clean your mower off. Seems like you’d have to be bush hogging in a desert to catch a mower on fire without abusing it.
          Soybeans and sunflowers are two crops that are extremely dusty when harvesting. Little tiny embers pop up all the time and can instantly cause a $300,000 dollar combine to be engulfed in flames. Basket cotton harvesters are the same way. With combines it’s extremely important to keep them well maintained and blown off.

I’m not so sure you’ve mowed wide varieties of tall weeds and grasses. It takes way more than 30 seconds to thoroughly clean off a 20 foot or larger batwing. That’s some thick stuff that’ll stick and totally cover the top surfaces. When it’s green it’s much worse. Goat weed can be really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
            I don’t care about the ban, but I need to know what kind of dust bowl people are cutting in to need a leaf blower for their header???

Also, it takes about 30 seconds to get out of the tractor to clean your mower off. Seems like you’d have to be bush hogging in a desert to catch a mower on fire without abusing it.
            Soybeans and sunflowers are two crops that are extremely dusty when harvesting. Little tiny embers pop up all the time and can instantly cause a $300,000 dollar combine to be engulfed in flames. Basket cotton harvesters are the same way. With combines it’s extremely important to keep them well maintained and blown off.

I’m not so sure you’ve mowed wide varieties of tall weeds and grasses. It takes way more than 30 seconds to thoroughly clean off a 20 foot or larger batwing. That’s some thick stuff that’ll stick and totally cover the top surfaces. When it’s green it’s much worse. Goat’s head can be really bad.

Comment

Don’t plan on living there anytime soon. So I’m good

Comment

Proposed new law. Doesn’t look like it’s been voted on.

Comment

Originally posted by dagdog View Post
                  Proposed new law. Doesn’t look like it’s been voted on.
                  My mistake. Was told by someone living there that it had. I should’ve checked myself.

Wont be surprising at all if it does pass.

Comment

I'm sure there have been a lot of motorcycle accidents caused by grass and blow. How is banning grass blowers going to help?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is just a bill. It was introduced like 6 days ago.

Crazy stuff gets introduced all the time that has no chance of passing.

Comment

So what they do in California is pass bills on decibel ratings and they make it so low that you can't use anything with a gas motor. There are multi million dollar houses that can not have AC because nobody has invented one below their thresholds.

Comment

I use my gas blower in the house for dusting them high to reach places.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Leaf blowers are the devil’s tool. Should have been banned years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              Leaf blowers are the devil’s tool. Should have been banned years ago.

[emoji33][emoji33]

Daaaaang! If I had a list of people on the forum that I would have thought for sure would say this, you would have been in the bottom 5 of possible candidates!![emoji23][emoji23].

GOF syndrome is alive and well[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                [emoji33][emoji33]

Daaaaang! If I had a list of people on the forum that I would have thought for sure would say this, you would have been in the bottom 5 of possible candidates!![emoji23][emoji23].

GOF syndrome is alive and well[emoji23]
                                Lol, I’m just poking at the bears.

I bought one of them cordless blowers and I like it better than my gas one

Comment

Working...
                                X