Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here work for GE repairing or building wind turbines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone here work for GE repairing or building wind turbines?

I’m trying to get hired on with GE and would prefer a position that doesn’t require working 7 days a week. I’ve worked 7 days a week with no days off. That leads to total burn out. No interest in doing that again.

I have several years experience doing mechanical work in addition to lite electrical and plumbing. Lots of experience with carpentry, steel work, and concrete. Was hoping someone in management might have some tips. A friend and former coworker got hired recently by GE to help repair and assemble wind turbines. Thanks.

I've worked with them on the Oil and Gas side and they really sucked. Hope they are better at wind turbines.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
      I've worked with them on the Oil and Gas side and they really sucked. Hope they are better at wind turbines.
      I hear they blow

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
        I hear they blow
        They’re gusty?

Comment

I never worked for GE but I did work for Vestas and on the owner side of the wind business. Where are you located? Are you stuck with only working for GE? I heard they’re Turbines aren’t the greatest. My buddy is managing a new site here in the RGV that will have 200 towers. They started hiring a few days ago, hiring should last till late March. I will be getting on board with them in the next few weeks hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
            I never worked for GE but I did work for Vestas and on the owner side of the wind business. Where are you located? Are you stuck with only working for GE? I heard they’re Turbines aren’t the greatest. My buddy is managing a new site here in the RGV that will have 200 towers. They started hiring a few days ago, hiring should last till late March. I will be getting on board with them in the next few weeks hopefully.
            PM sent

Comment

One of my nephews works for a company that rebuild the generators for those wind turbines. Not sure who he works for, but I know they are in the Austin area. He seems to like his job, pretty sure it's not GE though. Not sure if GE possibly subcontracts the work or if they have competition for the work.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                Im looking at the blinking lights from starr co...Im too old to climb towers. I need to find out what commodity you guys need for PM’s & get a sales gig supporting all these gazilion lights!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  Im looking at the blinking lights from starr co...Im too old to climb towers. I need to find out what commodity you guys need for PM’s & get a sales gig supporting all these gazilion lights!!
                  I’ve wrestled a lot of calves and colts in my time, was hoping maybe there is even a position where more of the brain could be used and not necessarily my strength all the time. It does get old being a laborer.

Comment

Working...
                  X