Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching it now. Yikes.

Comment

There were a couple of really eye opening things in there. I knew some of it, but I didn't really see the depth of what they are doing until I watched the movie. I've had my facebook deactivated since early Jan. After I watched the movie, I pulled all my pics and posts, then set it on delete. Only social media I have now is the non targeted type with this and another web forum. I do have gmail. Currently researching ways to get away from the entire google platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post
        There were a couple of really eye opening things in there. I knew some of it, but I didn't really see the depth of what they are doing until I watched the movie. I've had my facebook deactivated since early Jan. After I watched the movie, I pulled all my pics and posts, then set it on delete. Only social media I have now is the non targeted type with this and another web forum. I do have gmail. Currently researching ways to get away from the entire google platform.
        I have recently deleted Facebook as well as removed myself from using Google platforms. I also carefully searched through my phone to see what unkown permissions I had given. I now use duckduckgo for a search function to replace Google and just swapped to encrypted email.

Email alternative.... https://www.tutanota.com/

Comment

Bumping this back to the top. Everyone needs to watch this, and even if some of it is cheesy, the interviews with the ex-executives and programmers is critical info.

Time to put the silicone obsession down...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

NSA contractors leake

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
            Bumping this back to the top. Everyone needs to watch this, and even if some of it is cheesy, the interviews with the ex-executives and programmers is critical info.

Time to put the silicone obsession down...

Another one to watch is shadow gate on how that information is used to influence riots, looting, election

Comment

Scary, manipulative world we live in. I honestly don’t know what to believe anymore.

If it hasn’t already been mentioned, another good documentary is “The Great Hack”. Very informative as well.

Comment

Just watched it. I’ve been preaching 90% of it but the other 10% is really deep and sickening. I quit FB years ago, don’t have any of the others. Having my kid and wife watch it tomorrow so they can see I haven’t been lying to them about this insane crap! It good that it’s coming from the horses mouth so hopefully everybody who watches it, believes it and makes changes.

Comment

I haven’t watched it. But it sounds like the the exact thing Millie Weaver explains in shadow gate.

Comment

The doc is over the top with the example of the kid on his cell phone. Maybe I am old fashioned, but if parents are allowing kids on their phone that much, the parents need to be whooped, and the kids need to have the cell phones taken away and told to go play outside.

Totally agree on the manipulation. It's nothing new, and if parents would parent their kids, then none of this would be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      The doc is over the top with the example of the kid on his cell phone. Maybe I am old fashioned, but if parents are allowing kids on their phone that much, the parents need to be whooped, and the kids need to have the cell phones taken away and told to go play outside.

Totally agree on the manipulation. It's nothing new, and if parents would parent their kids, then none of this would be an issue.

I have a niece that’s had an unlimited unsupervised cell phone since she was 8. The example is not over the top, it’s real. I have to be the bad guy and kick our kids off electronics every weekend, but we don’t let them do social media.

The problem with the “if parents would parent” is that that the parents are addicts just like their kids. It is a systemic sickness.

Comment

FB and Insta are gone!!! Awesome watch, learned alot.

I spent alot of time unfollowing people and removing ads, blocking things. It never helped.

Done with it!

Comment

i have a niece that’s had an unlimited unsupervised cell phone since she was 8. The example is not over the top, it’s real. I have to be the bad guy and kick our kids off electronics every weekend, but we don’t let them do social media.

the problem with the “if parents would parent” is that that the parents are addicts just like their kids. It is a systemic sickness.

sent from my ipad using tapatalk
                          yep!

Comment

I have a niece that’s had an unlimited unsupervised cell phone since she was 8. The example is not over the top, it’s real. I have to be the bad guy and kick our kids off electronics every weekend, but we don’t let them do social media.

The problem with the “if parents would parent” is that that the parents are addicts just like their kids. It is a systemic sickness.

Sounds like you are parenting. Your sister or brother had the same parents as you, how did they fall so far off the bandwagon? Or did you fall off the bandwagon? Who taught your brother or sister to spend that much time on the phone?

It's so easy to get sucked into some of these apps too. As much as I ask my wife to put the phone down, she is on me to put mine down.

Comment

The acting parts were cheesy but the informative parts were mind blowing. My account is set up for permanent deletion......They know what they're doing making people wait 30 days. I wonder what the percentage of people is that can't stand it and have to log back in before its permanent?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                It's so easy to get sucked into some of these apps too. As much as I ask my wife to put the phone down, she is on me to put mine down.
                                I think I may order one of those phone jail things they showed in the documentary. That would do me and my family some good.

Comment

Working...
                                X