Chrono App for Iphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrono App for Iphone

Found an old thread on here from 2012 about a chrono app but that apps not around anymore. I searched the App Store but didn’t really see anything related to bows. Does anyone know if one?

Caldwell, makes a chronograph, that you can connect to your phone. It's $100. It will save your shots, you can make groups of shots. If you enter the bullet weight and BC, it will calculate the energy of the bullet. It will give you the range of various of your shots, and the average. It does other stuff, but I don't remember what all it will do.

It will work with a bow, but I don't think it will be able to do all the stuff, for an arrow, it will do with a bullet. There is a app, you need to down load on your phone, then connect the phone to the chronograph.

I think you are wanting a app to turn the phone into a chronograph. I would be surprised if there is such a thing, if so, it would be a bit dangerous to shoot over the tope of your phone. If they ever did have such a thing, I would bet after a few phones got blown to pieces, they dropped the app.

Comment

From what I read on the thread from 2012, you shot from 20 yards and placed your phone halfway in between at 10 yards although it didn’t have to be right under your arrow flight. It worked off the sound of you releasing an arrow and the arrow hitting the target. Even had a YouTube video attached to it to show how it worked. Those that commented on the thread were pretty much all in agreement that while it wasn’t as accurate as an actual chronograph it was pretty close.

Comment

Here’s the link to the old thread.

Comment

Working...
        X