Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad sausage from processor

Kind of torn on what to do...

Dropped off some meat to be turned into fresh J&C sausage and C sausage back around Thanksgiving. It wasn't ready for pickup until the very end of January because of "equipment issues". Opened a pack the week I got it back to throw it on the grill and smelled really sour to me. Threw it out and just thought maybe it was a one-off. Only cooked two packs since then and they weren't sour when I opened the pack, but just not good sausage at all. Off-taste and real dry. Opened a pack last week and another sour smelling pack. I cooked it and tasted it just because and it wasn't really worth eating either. I've used these folks multiple times and have always gotten good product back from them, and their sausage has always been great.

I probably should have gone to them when I opened the very first pack, but wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and hoped that it was a one off. I'm also a little ticked that sausage is stupid expensive and I wasted around $200 for something that isn't worth eating. Would you just chalk it up as a loss, or would you go talk with the processor?

Happened to us at another location. Just didn’t go back to the place again.
    Last edited by gonzaleziam; 05-29-2020, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Give them a chance to rectify prior to posting a bad review online.

Comment

I would let them know. Give them the opportunity to make it right. At the least you have let them know they have a quality control issue.

Comment

Had same issue years ago, processor wouldn’t make right. Did batch sausage. Didn’t refund my money. Left bad sausage at his front door. Around 150 pounds of link. Never went back. They aren’t in business anymore.

Comment

Let them know, and leave it at that. If they want to help you out, great go back to them and give them a shot. If not, just find a new place and move on.

Don't be a Karen.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Let them know, and leave it at that. If they want to help you out, great go back to them and give them a shot. If not, just find a new place and move on.

Don't be a Karen.
              What happened to Nancy?

Comment

I definitely wasn’t going to pull a Karen and post their name all over the interwebs. Stuff happens.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                  I definitely wasn’t going to pull a Karen and post their name all over the interwebs. Stuff happens.
                  So, you will just stand by while other folks take their meat their to possibly be ruined?

OK boomer.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Don't be a Karen.
                    What is wrong with putting the facts out?

If you have death wobble on your Ford are you going to keep it a secret?

Comment

Definitely let them know. I took a doe to my processor several years ago and had it turned completely into chili meat. Got the meat back home and opened a pack to make a pot of chili. First bite and my wife nearly breaks a tooth on a big bone shard.

I immediately called them up and explained the situation and asked that they take better care in their processing b/c we're finding chunks of bone in the meat. They then tell me "well it's probably from being shot and we can't guarantee we get all the bone out of it". I then say "well that's funny b/c this was a bow shot deer, are you sure you gave me MY meat?" They started crawfishing but wouldn't really admit fault

I've haven't taken a deer to a processor since. Started doing my own from then on.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                        What is wrong with putting the facts out?

If you have death wobble on your Ford are you going to keep it a secret?
                        OP put the facts out already. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

So, you will just stand by while other folks take their meat their to possibly be ruined?

OK boomer.
                          I know Ga Tech has a horrendous football program, but there's no need to be so angry.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                            I know Ga Tech has a horrendous football program, but there's no need to be so angry.

Comment

OK boomer.
                              Exactly . Never understood the point of hiding names of bad hunting outfits , guides , processors. Give people the truth YO

Comment

Working...
                              X