Compact Tractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compact Tractors

Might be in the market soon. Currently looking at the John Deere 4044M. I am not happy about the emissions junk on them now (dpf filter on that one, no def) but the 0% financing is appealing on a new one. Anyone have a similar model and a review? Specifically the emissions equipment issues and how the hydrostatic trans has held up. Also comments on the m vs r trim levels on John Deere.

No experience but I just signed on the dotted line today. Got a 2025r with all the goodies! 0% and I bought it out of state to save on the tax.

Good luck with the emissions crap. I thought about the 2038r but stayed away for that very reason. If a job gets too big I'll phone a friend.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought a Branson 5220H package deal from Big Tex in Caddo Mills and am incredibly happy with it. Worth a look and a test drive if you are open minded about other brands. Compact tractors are all made overseas, just depends on what you want to pay. Parts and service availability being a huge driver, understandably.

Financing at 0% is a scam, you pay the interest in the sale price and sometimes have a penalty for early payoff. Do your research.

Comment

I will say this no matter what brand.... Buy at least 10-15HP bigger than you think you need.

I have been around tractors all my life and helped alot of buddies buy one. And the biggest mistake ive seen made by people is them buying to small of a tractor.

Also one other tip use to be most everyone called out HP by the PTO hp. Now most all tractor MFGs have went to sizing them off the engine size. And i have noticed alot of attachments are still spec'd off of PTO hp so keep this in mind.

10-hp one way or the other on a 100hp tractor isnt a bid deal but that same swing on a 30-45 tractor makes a difference.

Comment

I have a 4066 and have been very very happy with it. No problems at all with the emission stuff. Great sized tractor if your not looking for anything too big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
            I just bought a Branson 5220H package deal from Big Tex in Caddo Mills and am incredibly happy with it. Worth a look and a test drive if you are open minded about other brands. Compact tractors are all made overseas, just depends on what you want to pay. Parts and service availability being a huge driver, understandably.

Financing at 0% is a scam, you pay the interest in the sale price and sometimes have a penalty for early payoff. Do your research.
            I have a 4720H. Danged thing is a beast, for its size. Been a danged good tractor.

Comment

I bought a 2018 Kubota L3901 and absolutely love it so far. I looked at the John Deere too. In my novice opinion, I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Comment

I have a lot of trees on my property to navigate, so a more compact tractor works better than a full size. I ended up buying a new Kubota L3901. It's the highest HP for the chassis size I wanted. So far it's done pretty much everything I've needed it to.

Mine isn't old enough to give feedback on emissions or durability of hydrostatic transmission. So far, I like having the hydro, though.

A few quick thoughts:

Get 4x4, especially with a compact. I've taken mine out of 4x4 a time or two and quickly got bogged down in my sandy soil.

The grapple rake has been my most used implement (other than the shredder that I use almost daily when it's dry). I highly recommend the extra spend.

I have skid-steer quick attach FEL and my dealer threw in a 3 point quick hitch that I'm glad I have as well.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  I have a lot of trees on my property to navigate, so a more compact tractor works better than a full size. I ended up buying a new Kubota L3901. It's the highest HP for the chassis size I wanted. So far it's done pretty much everything I've needed it to.

Mine isn't old enough to give feedback on emissions or durability of hydrostatic transmission. So far, I like having the hydro, though.

A few quick thoughts:

Get 4x4, especially with a compact. I've taken mine out of 4x4 a time or two and quickly got bogged down in my sandy soil.

The grapple rake has been my most used implement (other than the shredder that I use almost daily when it's dry). I highly recommend the extra spend.

I have skid-steer quick attach FEL and my dealer threw in a 3 point quick hitch that I'm glad I have as well.
                  Did you have to add the additional function valve and joystick? That's what I'm hearing from John Deere. I live in between the Sam Houston National forest and Huntsville State Park so my acreage is full of trees. I went with the 2025r because it was on a 2 frame which gave me extra weight but I am still able to fit in between the tightest of spots. I also picked up a backhoe attachment. My wife is ****** that I went so far over budget so I'm going to have to wait on my grapple but I've heard it is THE attachment to own.

Comment

I have used my friends mahindra 4x4 mini diesel and that lil sucker is awesome
                    It wont tear up lawns and it fits thru a 4 ft gate!
                    We moved 60 yards of topsoil in a day with it last week

I want to say he mentioned something about the def also I dont think it had it and it was only like a year or 2 old

Comment

I have a ‘13 JD 4105. I have abused the **** out of it since it was new. I should have bought a little more HP. But now that everything is cleaned up I don’t need the extra HP. I had to put a battery in it a couple of months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                        Did you have to add the additional function valve and joystick? That's what I'm hearing from John Deere. I live in between the Sam Houston National forest and Huntsville State Park so my acreage is full of trees. I went with the 2025r because it was on a 2 frame which gave me extra weight but I am still able to fit in between the tightest of spots. I also picked up a backhoe attachment. My wife is ****** that I went so far over budget so I'm going to have to wait on my grapple but I've heard it is THE attachment to own.

Yes, I had to add the third function to the joystick.
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Just bought a 2013 3038E with all the goodies. Can't wait to buy a grappler.
                          It is a pre def model.

Comment

Compact Tractors

Thanks everyone. Grapple is definitely on want list

What grapple?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by TexasBob; 05-27-2020, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

A few quick thoughts:

I have the L3901 also. Great little tractor. The only complaint I have is the lifting capacity of the FEL. But , to it`s credit , a pallet of sod ir really heavy. I bought it with 0 down and 0% financing plus rebates with no sales tax. I have 2 payment left with 62 hrs. It`s almost mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X