Thinning some shooting lanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinning some shooting lanes

I hunt the ever hated East Texas in Newton county. I’ve hunted all over the state and still this is favorite. Why you may ask? It’s a 10 minute drive from my house, easy in easy out. Lots of hogs and for the most part it doesn’t break the bank. East Texas is not for everyone. Hunting gets hard when the acorns start falling and all the gun shots start going off. In the summer our own private sand bar on Big Cow Creek where the water is cold and always running. No it’s not the Guadalupe or other big name rivers. It’s not as clear, but it’s not over populated with drunken teens who think they are 10’ tall and bulletproof. Pics to com of some thinning we did on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

I grew up hunting in Newton County and miss it more and more every season, I love the piney woods and look forward to making it back. Good luck this year!

Comment

Lots of work done!!

Comment

I wouldn't say East Texas is hated at least not by me. I hunted in north east texas and really enjoyed it. Looks like you got a lot done there. Good luck.

Comment

It ain’t for everyone, but ETx is for me. Can’t imagine ever leaving. Place looks great !

Comment

Nice work, looks good!

I live and hunt in Rusk County and love it.

Comment

I like living in east texas, but prefer to head west to hunt..lol

Comment

Clearing brush and other such property type work is a lot of fun, good exercise for both body and mind.

Comment

I have hunted East Texas, West Texas, and South Texas. Enjoyed all.

Comment

That is a LOT of clearing you did, hard work for sure but those are some real nice shooting lanes you made. I agree, nothing wrong with East TX, it just makes some different demands on your hunting skills. Sometimes you hear them before you see them, it can be just that thick. Not like say West TX wide open mesquite flats where good binocular skills are handy. TX hunting just comes in a lot of different flavors, and requires different methods. That’s what I like about Texas. You sure make that sand bar in cold, always running Big Cow Creek sound like the place to be in July.

Comment

I admire you guys that can sit and look at one or two lanes. Not for me. I like to see the countryside when I’m hunting.

Comment

Will you be deer hunting those same hunting shooting lanes this season?

Comment

Working...
                              X