2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

They better get this virus thing fixed before the Chandeleur trip this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

IMO, this crap will be in the rearview on its way to being a bad memory.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
        In the process of buying MarshHunters flats cat!

Nice! Congrats, Chris.

Comment

Cool deal!!! following along,,,,,I'm up for it,,, a can sleep on my boat,,lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

What better spot to be during a viral outbreak than off the coast of the Chandeleur Islands catching trout?

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
              I’ve fished Baffin my whole life, it’s the bay I grew up on. Would need a couple to a few boats, I’ve got my boat down there with room for 3 if we fish out of the boat and 4 if we wade
              Grew up fishing the upper Laguna just never ventured further south to much. Usually down to Emmords then back north to the boat hole/cc bay.

Beautiful place jake. You on the island?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                What better spot to be during a viral outbreak than off the coast of the Chandeleur Islands catching trout?
                I know your right!!!

Comment

Nice haul Shane! I hit east with my son on Tuesday and we didn’t have any luck. We were off the water by 1

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                    Hopefully gonna add some pics to this thread for the first time in 2020 soon. Got my man Nathan Gray booked for Wednesday morning taking my 6 year old on his first guided trip. Should be interesting as he will lose focus quickly. Typically he is asking for snacks within 10 minutes if not catching anything and will be ready to go home within 2 hours lol. Gonna be a bait soakin from the boat kinda day and I really don't care if we stay on hard heads all morning, just looking for bent rods and memories with my boy.

If any of you are looking for a good guide in Galveston, I've been using Nathan for about 5 years now by recommendation from folks here. He's a great guide and an even better man. This will be my first time taking a kid with me but I gotta believe he's the man for the job, I've never even heard Nathan say a curse word.

I'll report back Thursday, even if it's just pictures of the sun coming up
                    Man, been waiting a long time for this. My boy is finally old enough to stay engaged and handle himself on the boat. He did way better than I expected and Nathan is still the best in the biz (and great with youngins). I was worried Alex would be bored with it by 9am and he was ****** when we shut it down at noon.

Memories were made yesterday that will last a lifetime.
                    Attached Files

Comment

All of the biggest trout of my life came from LLM. And all but one on

Croaker

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                        Man, been waiting a long time for this. My boy is finally old enough to stay engaged and handle himself on the boat. He did way better than I expected and Nathan is still the best in the biz (and great with youngins). I was worried Alex would be bored with it by 9am and he was ****** when we shut it down at noon.

Memories were made yesterday that will last a lifetime.
                        Man that’s awesome. My little girl is 4, she loves to fish but has about a 45 second attention span. We have a place on the San Bernard and that thing is full of croaker. Like insta-bite, and she’ll only catch 4-5 before she’s done. Lol. I can’t wait for her to get a little older where I can get her out for “real” fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          All of the biggest trout of my life came from LLM. And all but one on

Croaker

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          That’s like shooting pen raised deer. All the biggest trout off my life came on a Hogie. Probably because that’s about all I use. Lol

Edit: I caught a 29” last year on a DSL.
                          Last edited by panhandlehunter; 03-12-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Cool pics Tmurry. Job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                              Yeah that’s what he told me. I’m getting pretty dang excited. I’m thinking this will be a good compromise for what my wife and I want.

I want to be able to stay skinny and she wants smooth and dry. We were looking at explorers but she got scared of the possibility of swapping ends.

Smart woman, that's why I sold mine & went with the Mowdy
                              Would not let my boys drive that thing due to the unexpected 180.

Comment

tmurray
                                awesome trip with your son.
                                Be sure to get that pic of ya'll doubled up framed & put on the wall in your office.

Comment

Working...
                                X