X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    Best reason in the world to roll your own. Know what you are getting
    Once burned I never forget -------------or forgive

I typically do, but I was so busy at work at the time I would have never been able to get around to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You need to let them know. If owner(s) are responsible, they would appreciate the honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Did you supply the deer only ? Or also the pork?
        Tough to get bad product, bad service or even bad reviews but if all avenues are explored you will have a better idea how to proceed.

Just took the venison already quartered.

Like I said, this isn’t an intent to bash a business at all. Just wondering what others would do in this instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s a very reputable place

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          I think I would take back a package or two and let them look at it. They may have had several other complaints and realize they had a problem. They may make good on it. If not I would move on and not use them again.
          I know and have used this processor before and they are well established and reputable so it’s probably fixable with some communication
          To bad such a vast amount of time has passed since the harvest/ drop off - pickup

Comment

I used 4 processors this year, 2 where great and 2 left stuff out. One of the better known processors/taxidermist in s Tx didn't give me the tenderloins from a nilgai I shot in March. The other well known processor just screwed everything up and wont be getting anymore work from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              We don't know. Maybe they forgot to put in seasoning. Maybe if given the chance, the owner will give him all his money back and double the amount of meat; and take him on a expensive guided hunt as a way to say his sorry. Will never know if he just post up a knee jerk negative review.
              Fair enough

Comment

I would chalk it up as a loss, but let them be aware of it. Let them decide how to handle it. They could say "Ok thanks". They can make the decision to take the initiative to make it right or not and you can go from there.

Comment

I would for sure tell them. For their knowledge/benefit and to give them a chance to make it right.
                  Better late than never.

Comment

About 25 years ago I was really slammed at work and dropped off my elk to be processed, a young 5 point bull.(Colorado) What I got back was so tough and old that it was almost inedible. I have never let anyone process my animals since. Maybe that is extreme but you certainly do not know what you are getting back and if it is not your deer how was it taken care of before being dropped off.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
                      Give them a chance to rectify prior to posting a bad review online.
                      This. The place I use had me bring some back. He let it thaw then called me a couple of days later. Said it was from some bad pork fat they had gotten. Offered a refu d or free next process. Took the next one free and still use them.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                        All of them are doing this. Most people believe they are only grinding their 10 pounds, that’s not efficient. I know we will have the ones that say their processor does not mix meat.
                        And there's always the one who knows what every processor does.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Gary
                          Defend all you want, but the only surefire way to process wild game into a good product is to do it yourself. I’ve seen too many trailers loaded down with axis, WT and pigs traveling down I-10 in 70-80° weather. Makes my stomach turn.

To the OP: Most small processors are honest people but can get overwhelmed at times, higher volume processors just care about turnaround and $$. Of all these threads, I never hear anybody claim a feezer malfunction, power outage or even door left open that anybody knew about. Not to mention the mishandling of meat, although I struggle to believe anyone on a hunting forum would do.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Gary
                            Do you really think they can set up and run your few pounds of sausage and process 100’s of animals? Then they keep yours separated and smoke it alone. Maybe they smoke hundreds of pounds but have yours marked Gary.

Maybe I am wrong or maybe some are in denial!

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                              Do you really think they can set up and run your few pounds of sausage and process 100’s of animals? Then they keep yours separated and smoke it alone. Maybe they smoke hundreds of pounds but have yours marked Gary.

Maybe I am wrong or maybe some are in denial!
                              That's why I don't use a "wild game" processor or a large big name place.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by BangBang View Post
                                Defend all you want, but the only surefire way to process wild game into a good product is to do it yourself. I’ve seen too many trailers loaded down with axis, WT and pigs traveling down I-10 in 70-80° weather. Makes my stomach turn.

To the OP: Most small processors are honest people but can get overwhelmed at times, higher volume processors just care about turnaround and $$. Of all these threads, I never hear anybody claim a feezer malfunction, power outage or even door left open that anybody knew about. Not to mention the mishandling of meat, although I struggle to believe anyone on a hunting forum would do.
                                Find the right place and you'll stay.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X