OTR Mobile for WiFi/Internet in the sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
    I’ve got 3 bars of service now with the hotspot sitting in the window. I order a cheap $27 antenna today from amazon just to see if I can get one more bar of signal. However, it’s streaming tv just fine right now so I have zero complaints. I have not done any upload/download speed tests to see what it’s giving.
    How is the OTR hotspot doing Trevor? Really interested in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      How is the OTR hotspot doing Trevor? Really interested in this.
      It is working great. Zero complaints so far. When I’m at home (now) I have my phone, television, and my MacBook all running on it. Streaming TV, off a firestick, has been flawless. Zero buffering/lag. For $60/mnth it’s a home-run for me. Also, when I leave for work, I throw it in my lunchbox and take it with me. Our computers at work allow Amazon Prime, but they block Netflix. So I’ll take my MacBook and stream Netflix at work with it when there is something I want to watch.

Comment

It is working great. Zero complaints so far. When I’m at home (now) I have my phone, television, and my MacBook all running on it. Streaming TV, off a firestick, has been flawless. Zero buffering/lag. For $60/mnth it’s a home-run for me. Also, when I leave for work, I throw it in my lunchbox and take it with me. Our computers at work allow Amazon Prime, but they block Netflix. So I’ll take my MacBook and stream Netflix at work with it when there is something I want to watch.
        Looks like it's $80 per month now. Did everyone already using get bumped up or get to stay at $60?

Comment

I got a hotspot device from cricket.. its 35 or 55 a month.. its been awesome. I couldnt get rural internet. Amd this does everything i want it to do.

Comment

anybody found an alternative to OTR? Currently having tons of issues and its very annoying to not be able to call someone to get it fixed. Not to mention chat is only open during work hours. And hours of wait times. I'd strongly suggest nobody go with OTR now

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
              anybody found an alternative to OTR? Currently having tons of issues and its very annoying to not be able to call someone to get it fixed. Not to mention chat is only open during work hours. And hours of wait times. I'd strongly suggest nobody go with OTR now
              Let me give an update here......
              I just spent 2 hours and 22 minutes waiting to chat with someone. My original SIM card was deactivated due to the change over (blue bast whatever). I ordered my replacement sim for $12 last week once I realized my old one had been disconnected. As of today I had still not received a shipping notification. After wasting over 2 hours of my life, I was told that it would ship out tomorrow. I asked why it was so difficult to contact someone there and why they refused to answer the phones. The girl told me that due to CV19, they are still currently working from home and unable to take calls (seems like BS to me). She said the phones would be back on "soon". Since I was a "legacy" customer, my monthly rate only went up $10 per month to a total of $70. Up until now, Ive had zero complaints with them and its far cheaper than any local alternative for me. If anyone has any good recommendations for rural people that are unable to get internet any other way, lets hear them. If my new SIM card works as well as the last one (the new blue blast) then Ill be happy and continue to use them.

Comment

Let me give an update here......
                I just spent 2 hours and 22 minutes waiting to chat with someone. My original SIM card was deactivated due to the change over (blue bast whatever). I ordered my replacement sim for $12 last week once I realized my old one had been disconnected. As of today I had still not received a shipping notification. After wasting over 2 hours of my life, I was told that it would ship out tomorrow. I asked why it was so difficult to contact someone there and why they refused to answer the phones. The girl told me that due to CV19, they are still currently working from home and unable to take calls (seems like BS to me). She said the phones would be back on "soon". Since I was a "legacy" customer, my monthly rate only went up $10 per month to a total of $70. Up until now, Ive had zero complaints with them and its far cheaper than any local alternative for me. If anyone has any good recommendations for rural people that are unable to get internet any other way, lets hear them. If my new SIM card works as well as the last one (the new blue blast) then Ill be happy and continue to use them.
                good luck. I am currently chatting with them. my new card won't work in my old device because it is locked. They want me to buy an unlock code from a shady company in order to get it to work. I am beyond frustrated with the lack of customer service.

Comment

good luck. I am currently chatting with them. my new card won't work in my old device because it is locked. They want me to buy an unlock code from a shady company in order to get it to work. I am beyond frustrated with the lack of customer service.
                  Which one do you have? I have the Nighthawk MR1100, that I purchased from OTR.

Comment

I have some kind of ATT hotspot that I also purchased from OTR

Comment

Their FB is littered with people complaining their devices don't work with the new plans

Comment

Their FB is littered with people complaining their devices don't work with the new plans
                        Well.....that’s no good. I don’t have Facebook so I don’t see any of that. Knowing how my luck goes, mine won’t work either once I receive it. Really blows because they have been great for me since last sept/oct. Before that, I had no TV, no internet....nothing. The fact that it was truly unlimited (not throttled down) was the big thing for me. If anyone has any good alternatives, I’d love to hear them. The local stuff for me is $150+ a month and I have to install a 40ft tower myself (or pay someone to) in order to get line of sight over the trees. OTR was a savior.

Comment

Well.....that’s no good. I don’t have Facebook so I don’t see any of that. Knowing how my luck goes, mine won’t work either once I receive it. Really blows because they have been great for me since last sept/oct. Before that, I had no TV, no internet....nothing. The fact that it was truly unlimited (not throttled down) was the big thing for me. If anyone has any good alternatives, I’d love to hear them. The local stuff for me is $150+ a month and I have to install a 40ft tower myself (or pay someone to) in order to get line of sight over the trees. OTR was a savior.
                          Right there with you. I hope they get all this resolved or something better comes up.

Comment

I got the new plan and new device last month. Zero issues until yesterday. Waiting about another 30 minutes for them to update something. We burned thru 1500gb without any issues.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	otr 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	24619980

Comment

Called rise broadband today. Hopefully I can get away from OTR. Put the t mobile SIM card in my iPad and getting less than 1 meg here at the house. Pretty horrible for a company that caters towards rural customers.

Comment

Yeah, T-Mobile didn't work out for me either. I went to Neverthrottled been happy with them so far, but seems pretty much all of them cost more. Of course OTR went up as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X