X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      What they should have done is make flounder a game fish, but then the commercial side would have really been screaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This.

The market is there somewhere every time I see 37 fish over limit on flounder it's a commercial boat. He may not be fishing for them but they **** sure keep them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
        Don’t worry , “man” will fix the problem, always knows what’s best
        Lmao

Comment

Wait, you're just recognizing that CCA is an elitist organization? It was founded by elitists, and, at times has done some good. I don't really have an ax to grind in the flounder battle, because I really don't fish for them, but I know this, the latest regulations only change reporting requirements for commercial licenses, but there is no change in bag limits for them. I've gone to Anahuac Wildlife Refuge early in the morning to fish and seen lights on flounder boats everywhere. If flounder are in such bad shape, why are they only addressing recreational fishermen?

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
            Wait, you're just recognizing that CCA is an elitist organization? It was founded by elitists, and, at times has done some good. I don't really have an ax to grind in the flounder battle, because I really don't fish for them, but I know this, the latest regulations only change reporting requirements for commercial licenses, but there is no change in bag limits for them. I've gone to Anahuac Wildlife Refuge early in the morning to fish and seen lights on flounder boats everywhere. If flounder are in such bad shape, why are they only addressing recreational fishermen?
            Because recreational anglers are taking the most flounder. I bet all those lights you saw were guides and rec boats. There’s only a handful of commercial giggers anymore. Floundering is so easy, even my no fishing brother in law can go out and gig limits. More people taking fish, less fish=regulation changes.
            Last edited by panhandlehunter; 05-22-2020, 07:19 AM.

Comment

If you watched or listened to any of the flounder scoping meetings, commercial take of flounder was such a small number it wasn’t even factored in.

Comment

I don't agree with the floundering is so easy statement.. i have a flounder boat and more times than not either the wind is bad water is dirty tide is too high etc.. that may be true down south where the water is clear but I've caught way more limits than I've ever gigged.. there's just not that many people gigging anymore.. closing the run will have the biggest affect..

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  The 6 week closure is for recreational and commercial.

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                  I don't agree with the floundering is so easy statement.. i have a flounder boat and more times than not either the wind is bad water is dirty tide is too high etc.. that may be true down south where the water is clear but I've caught way more limits than I've ever gigged.. there's just not that many people gigging anymore.. closing the run will have the biggest affect..
                  I've been fishing POC for a long time, and I've always been a night owl. In that area there are multitudes more giggers out there now than even 10 years ago. I think with light bars and navigation systems being more reliable people are out a lot more at night in general. I've also spent a lot of time down there during the week and you can't go to any of the popular spots with clear water during the week anymore without competing with flounder boats. Used to be we'd let them have at it on the weekends and sneak in during the week but not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                    Don’t worry , “man” will fix the problem, always knows what’s best
                    I'll place some calls today but no guarantees I can have this resolved quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      I'll place some calls today but no guarantees I can have this resolved quickly.
                      lmao

Comment

CCA was trying to push a 2 fish limit and 17" size. They have been horrible when it comes to representing facts in the texas fishery. The problem is that CCA is now a national organization, and it's full of northern liberals.

they've screwed us over for red snapper representation, they pushed the 5 trout limit while admitting there was NO DATA to support the reduction was needed.

it's become another organization for feel good legislation.. oh, but they give away a couple boats and scholarships, so keep pumping millions into their org.

I'm a good flounder guy (hook, not gig), and there are way more out there than people think. it's another problem of whining and complaining from unskilled people leading to legislation.
                        Last edited by kyle1974; 05-22-2020, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          The 6 week closure is for recreational and commercial.

I've been fishing POC for a long time, and I've always been a night owl. In that area there are multitudes more giggers out there now than even 10 years ago. I think with light bars and navigation systems being more reliable people are out a lot more at night in general. I've also spent a lot of time down there during the week and you can't go to any of the popular spots with clear water during the week anymore without competing with flounder boats. Used to be we'd let them have at it on the weekends and sneak in during the week but not anymore.
                          I believe you .. thats why I said I don't know about dowb south anything south of east bay is south to me lol..

One size fits all isnt a good idea.. If the fish population is limited in an area I agree with trying something.. but a blanket policy for the whole state shouldn't be used.. I wont start worrying until Texas' bs policy's start spilling over to Louisiana.. Im 20 min for the closest la ramp.. all it will do is make me and many in my area stop buying Texas license.. we all fish the Louisiana side of the lake anyway .

Comment

there are way more out there than people think. it's another problem of whining and complaining from unskilled people leading to legislation.[/QUOTE]

I agree I only flounder fish .. have no use for a wormy trout.. i have no problem finding and catching flounder in my area..

Comment

I have a question, so there is a what ever size limit 14-17 inches. If your gigging them, once you stick them and find they are short you put them back in the water, I can’t imagine many would make ? I know how hard it is to judge a fish in the water and a 14” could easily be 12”. And it would be easy to mistake a 12” even for a 15” I would think. I’ve been fly fishing for carp and many times it looks like a big fish and it turns out much smaller. And the opposite is true to, many times I think 7-8 pounds and they are 13-14 lbs.
                              Last edited by critter69; 05-22-2020, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                                I believe you .. thats why I said I don't know about dowb south anything south of east bay is south to me lol..

One size fits all isnt a good idea.. If the fish population is limited in an area I agree with trying something.. but a blanket policy for the whole state shouldn't be used.. I wont start worrying until Texas' bs policy's start spilling over to Louisiana.. Im 20 min for the closest la ramp.. all it will do is make me and many in my area stop buying Texas license.. we all fish the Louisiana side of the lake anyway .
                                LA is going through the same thing and there will probably be changes over there and for trout as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X