Val Verde 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Val Verde 2020

With all the crazy talk going around I figured we should kick off a positive thread!!

Over 1.5 inches here in Del Rio and closer to 2.5 further on up in northern parts of the county. Thank you Lord for bringing us some desperately needed rain!

Good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
      Good to hear.
      As you know it was a dry fall/winter so we need a lot of rain to get some browse going for all the wildlife.

Comment

Just got on a lease in Val Verde county. We went to check on the place a couple weeks ago after the last good rain and there was standing water everywhere. Very pleasant to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope we get some rain soon, it is really dry. I have held off spraying food plots for another week and have not ordered fertilizer or seed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            I hope we get some rain soon, it is really dry. I have held off spraying food plots for another week and have not ordered fertilizer or seed yet.
            The prognoses is for a dry year but let's hope the rains are timely. This was the second good rain of the month and if they are spread out every couple of weeks it could still be a decent year for browse. Hope the rain comes your way sir. Rain or your shine from all I hear they are both good

Comment

I was out there the last weekend of February and there had been some rain a few days or week before we go there. Several of the "pots" in the rock beds had water still standing in them. I need to take a shovel with me next time I"m out and clean them out a little so they'll hold water a little longer. One of them near my set up is pretty deep. Thanks for the update Pedernal!

Comment

Good to hear. I’m heading that way tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

I am headed out Friday. It can’t come fast enough

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                    Good to hear. I’m heading that way tomorrow afternoon.
                    Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                    I am headed out Friday. It can’t come fast enough
                    More rain is supposed to move in tonight... I will keep you folks posted...

Comment

Fixing to head that way later on today. I'm getting reports that some people of HWY 377 and CR 450 got over 3" dump.

Comment

Del rio got 1/2 an inch plus Thursday night and it looked like possibly heavier amount further north. Let's hope it keeps coming.

Thank you Lord!!
                        Last edited by Pedernal; 03-21-2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Always good to be gracious for anything you get!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                            Always good to be gracious for anything you get!
                            Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              More rain is supposed to move in tonight... I will keep you folks posted...
                              Thanks. Saw the rain chances for this weekend and opted to go next weekends instead since I’ll have the family in tow.

Comment

Working...
                              X