DPS or not on Can Am Defender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPS or not on Can Am Defender

Im going to pull the trigger in the nxt cpl days. It DPS is roughly a $1200-$1300 upgrade.
    Is it worth it?
    My machine now doesnt have it. In fact, Ive never driven one with power steering so I dont know what to expect.

Im gonna use it to work around the house and then hunt. We go for rides every once in a while. My wife drives ours now quite a bit and my kiddos are still too young to drive.

Any help is appreciated.

Power steering is worth it in any machine imo. I wouldnt have one without it

Comment

The Ranger I got away from didn’t have it. My Defender XT does. Didn’t know what I was missing. Won’t own another w/o it.

Comment

Yes Worth every cent.

Comment

Worth it!!!

Comment

I won’t buy another machine without it.

Comment

My ranger doesn’t have it. My buddy’s ranger does have it. My next one will have it. It’s priceless to have on the trails and tight areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mechhead View Post
                The Ranger I got away from didn’t have it. My Defender XT does. Didn’t know what I was missing. Won’t own another w/o it.
                Exactly this.

Comment

My old (2006) Ranger didn't have it. I got a 2018 CanAm base HD8 without DPS. These dam things cost too much already. Wasn't worth it to me. Uncle, cousins, nephew & friends have DPS. Doesn't bother me a BIT!! (it's just a SxS)

Save the DPS money and put it towards doors and windshields. IMO

Edit: the HD package (I think it is called) comes with DPS and turf-mode (to unlock differential) and an extra +/- $4K price tag.
                  There are multiple stories of turf-mode failure. My uncle's is one of them. Do a google search.

My base model has locked diff all the time, so no solenoid and shift forks to get jacked up.
                  Last edited by Philip-TX; 04-25-2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

It is especially nice if you put lifts or bigger tires and such on your machine. Considering the cost of SxS's now just spend the little extra and get it. It will make it easier for your kids when they start learning to drive the machine as well.

Comment

In laws have a Kubota RTV with no power steering. Just got a 2020 Defender Max HD8 DPS and it is night and day. They are considering a twin to mine because of it. My boys would always ride the Kubota around the property when we would take it but they struggled to steer it. They are zipping around in our new Defender. My 5 year old can even drive it with me controlling the pedals from the middle. I would spend the money.

Comment

Spend the money. I've had both.

Comment

I always thought I didn’t care about PS. Then I had PS. I’ll never have a machine without it again.

Comment

Yes worth it

Comment

I opted not to. One thing more I didn't need breaking.

Buddy has it, its a nice feature but to me wasn't worth the $1500 extra they wanted at the time

Comment

Working...
                              X