EcoBoost 3.5L V6 GTDi DOHC 24V Twin Turbocharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EcoBoost 3.5L V6 GTDi DOHC 24V Twin Turbocharged

Looking at a 2018 F150 4x4 with low milage EcoBoost 3.5L V6 GTDi DOHC 24V Twin Turbocharged. Any input on this would be helpful....

Have a few EcoBoost we run at work and seems to always have some sort of problem going on with them.

Comment

i have a 17 fx4 3.5 ecoboost and i absolutely love it. i drive my dads gmc and brothers chevrolet fairly often and it just seems more responsive and i prefer the layout a lot more than in the gm's. i get around 17 pulling my boat and 19-22 on the highway. had the 5.0 before this one and cant say i would switch back to it as of now.

Comment

Great engines

Comment

I love my 2012 ECO

Runs like a scalded Dog!

160,000 miles and nothing major yet

Comment

Loved my 14 and now love my 18. Great engine.

Comment

I’ve got a 2015 with around 62k trouble free miles. Only issue I’ve had with the truck is the sunroof. Try to find one without it. Mine is broke and won’t open and it also leaks.
              I get around 15 mpg everyday driving and 9/10 towing.

Comment

Early generations had some issues but I think they got it worked out.

Super powerful engine!

Comment

If you go drive it, I bet you'll buy it! They are a lot of fun to drive, not necessarily great on fuel mileage but pull surprisingly well.

Comment

2014 EB F150 lifted with +112,000 miles.

Replaced plugs, filters, all fluids, & battery. Rotors and pads are next. That's it.

Wish I could've bought 2 of these then instead of just 1.

Comment

Folks talk bad about the towing mpg but after a 2500 mile round trip to Colorado pulling a SXS on a lowboy(Not a heavy load but still towing) my 3.5 Eco got 14.1mpg and my friends 2015 F250 Ford diesel pulling a similar load got 15mpg. Same speed, same load,same conditions.I get good highway mpg empty and would buy another just like it. If I was using a truck to tow for a living then I would have bought a heavier truck but this one suits my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by cashcropper View Post
                        Folks talk bad about the towing mpg but after a 2500 mile round trip to Colorado pulling a SXS on a lowboy(Not a heavy load but still towing) my 3.5 Eco got 14.1mpg and my friends 2015 F250 Ford diesel pulling a similar load got 15mpg. Same speed, same load,same conditions.I get good highway mpg empty and would buy another just like it. If I was using a truck to tow for a living then I would have bought a heavier truck but this one suits my needs.
                        So... Bought the wife a new 2019. Has about 1500 miles on it now. Pulled a 16' lowboy with a Ranger Crew from Baytown to Pearsall and back. No traffic issues and always within a couple of mph of the speed limit. Very impressed with the power.. Round trip.. 9.4 mpg...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                        Lesto!!

Comment

Buddy went to Ford house today to check on ordering 2020. Motor been out twice on his '18 V6 and sounds like its coming apart now when started up. I have a '18 5.0 and get over 20 mpg.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Pulled Carfax and looks like had "Engine/powertrain computer/module" checked often maybe that is SOP had a few other items new MAP sensor, etc. Looks like it was a dealer demo for 6 mo before title was transferred as POV.
                            Thanks for all the help. I think I am going to pass on this one but it is sharp almost like yours Les, black and all.

Comment

Originally posted by cashcropper View Post
                              Is that hand calculated? Or that's what the truck is telling you?

Comment

Working...
                              X