No announcement yet.

Can Am Fail - Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a brand new pioneer 1000 1st day it overheated. Took it to dealer. Radiator cap wouldn’t hold pressure easy fix no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yep drivers seat belt

Comment

Yep seat belt. When we bought our the middle seat bely was connected to it and they specifically said it won't go over 12 mph if it's disconnected.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
          I bought a brand new pioneer 1000 1st day it overheated. Took it to dealer. Radiator cap wouldn’t hold pressure easy fix no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had to burp the coolant on mine! Runs like a top now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seat belt!

Comment

If you want to avoid problems dont go to Polaris thats for sure! Lol

I hope its not a can am problem and just the seat belt. Driving a new one myself after getting rid of my FXT that gave me zero problems for 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                No. Is this a requirement for exceeding 12mph? If yes, sales nor service tech explained that to me prior to delivery but were very clear not to drive it slower than 15mph for long periods of time in high gear lest I ruin the belt in 200 hrs.

On the first run I got it up to 35-40mph no problem without use of seat belt.
                No way you were able to get it up that fast without the buckle done. Must have had it buckled and didn't notice. I have 2018 and it won't go without the buckle. The screen even says seatbelt when it's not buckled.

Comment

Comment

Curious if the seat belt was the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                      Curious if the seat belt was the problem?
                      It was a short.........between the steering wheel and the seat ?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        It was a short.........between the steering wheel and the seat ?
                        My grandpa would always attribute it to "The loose nut, behind the wheel"

Comment

Why do y'all ride them things without a seat belt?

Granted, you can get killed with a seatbelt on too(happened to my friend's daughter), but those seat belts can save you.

Comment

Loose fuse for electronics seatbelt for limp mode. Wife said on first drive the passengers niddle seat was buckled into drivers

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
                              Probably the seat belt. Luckily my sales guy told me about this before I left the showroom.

let us know what it ultimately was.
                              I got a 2019 and was told the same thing by salesman.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                                Loose fuse for electronics seatbelt for limp mode. Wife said on first drive the passengers niddle seat was buckled into drivers

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                                Glad to hear you got her figured out. Now go enjoy that bad boy!

Comment

Working...
                                X