Wild Turkey Breast Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
    Thanks for the recipes guys. They sound delicious, but I am wanting NON-FRIED recipes. Or is that the only way anyone eats wild turkey?
    Sous Vide is your friend on this one amigo. Mr. King above me knows what's up!!

Comment

turkey and dumplings

I just substitute most the chicken with turkey breast. I still use some chicken so there will be some fat for the stock.

Comment

Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and maybe a little red pepper if you like spice (under the skin if you left it on - I don't) Smoke at 200 - 225 for about an hour - hour and a half. Pull it off at 130-135 or so. No higher. You want it to smoke, not cook to temp. Then sous vide it at 145 for an hour or two. This just gets the temperature consistent and makes sure it's pasteurized. With a large breast it will take longer. If it's skinless, it's done. Slice and serve. If you left the skin on, heat up your cast iron between medium and high, pat the outside dry, then sear skin side down briefly for color. Slice and serve. Been doing this or similar with every turkey we kill. It's excellent.

Similar to the above instructions, but I like to smoke them a bit first.

Comment

I make jerky with mine only way to go in my opinion

Comment

I like to dice them, sear them and put inside of jalapeño poppers.
            Or anything that you would do with boneless skinless chicken breast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Add a couple lemons for effect

Click image for larger version

Name:	402C046D-322C-4D5F-AB6D-D0D54E614FC0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	24615766

Comment

Haven’t tried it but Steve Rinellas wild turkey breakfast sausage recipe looks pretty good

Comment

Inject with cajun. Let sit overnight. Slice into strips and put in onion soup packet in flour. Deep fry.

Comment

My three favorites ways to cook turkey:

Turkey Pot Pie
                    Smoked Turkey Breast (brine first)
                    Turkey Parmesan

Comment

I killed a tom over the weekend. I put the whole breast in foil and seasoned it with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and chupacabra. Then added half of an onion and a stick of butter.

I put it on the pellet grill at 225 for 5 hours. When I pulled it off, the breast was still sitting in butter, so I was really excited. The breast by itself was meh...but slicing it thin and putting it in a turkey sandwich was great!

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                        My three favorites ways to cook turkey:

Turkey Pot Pie
                        Smoked Turkey Breast (brine first)
                        Turkey Parmesan
                        Before I totally discount smoking/barbecuing turkey, I need to try and brine it overnight. I won't do ducks without it.

Comment

I rubbed in oil and slap ya momma them put on pellet grill. Did it last night and was excellent. Also the fried strips are good!

Comment

Brined in salt water for 24 hours then smoked at 225 degrees to proper temp. Left it uncovered till it was brown then foiled it. Best turkey I ever ate

Comment

I made a wild turkey breast last night. Seasoned with lots of garlic, paprika, black pepper and salt.

Gave each side a quick sear and place in an instapot with carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, and a can of cream of mushroom soup. Cooked for 25 minutes and steamed some white rice. Man was it good!

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
                                Haven’t tried it but Steve Rinellas wild turkey breakfast sausage recipe looks pretty good

I made that a few months ago, except that I used store bought chicken breast instead. It's pretty dang good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X