ATT/directv update . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATT/directv update . .

I get local channels from the Tyler area . . I lost KETK (nbc), smithsonian ch, CBS . . I called 800 531 5000 . . I out - dumbed the auto call to finally get a live person . . She cleared it for me to pay $15 for a temporary fix while negotiations continue . . Service will be restored fri . . Good luck . .

We just cut the cord today. I’m tired of their games. We’ll see how it goes. Hopefully they will get their act together at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
      I get local channels from the Tyler area . . I lost KETK (nbc), smithsonian ch, CBS . . I called 800 531 5000 . . I out - dumbed the auto call to finally get a live person . . She cleared it for me to pay $15 for a temporary fix while negotiations continue . . Service will be restored fri . . Good luck . .
      So you paid an extra $15 to get the channels you are already paying for? I was thinking about calling them and asking for money back/credit for them removing channels I am paying for.

Comment

My wife asked them about this and they sent us an antenna that connects directly to the box(for free). We now get several more local channels via the antenna, and the channels show up in the menu just like the others. You can't tell the difference from the channels recieved over antenna vs. channels over Sat. (except the funny channel numbers ie. 24-1)
        And you can record them just the same. (or so I'm told)

Comment

We cut the cord last week. Dropped DirectTV and went with Youtube TV and Roku boxes. Best decision we have ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by dustinztx View Post
            We cut the cord last week. Dropped DirectTV and went with Youtube TV and Roku boxes. Best decision we have ever made.
            Interested in this. Please detail your investment in Youtube TV, Roku boxes and anything else you needed to get this going.

Comment

Originally posted by dustinztx View Post
              I'm going to play around with this setup this weekend. Our new TV already has Roku in it.

Comment

Beast TV with a firestick. I use it every day at home or on the road for a whopping $15 per month for three open connections. Around 4000 total channels including MLB, NFL, NHL, Golf etc.

I haven't gone down the DVR path with it yet but there are ways to do it. Really no need for it though when you can add other apps to Firestick to allow viewing of 99% of already run shows. Probably closer to 100% but wanna be safe and not over sale.

Comment

All my TV's are already Roku enable so we just added the Youtube TV through the Roku interface. We get 6 accounts for $49.99. I get all my locals back plus a lot of the major channels we watch. Setup takes about 5 minutes per TV. Also bought the Roku Premier Box for my daughter to take to college to watch there. You do need to have good internet and wireless in the house.

Also with Youtube TV it is cloud DVR with unlimited space.
                  Last edited by dustinztx; 08-01-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally charged $15 but zeroed with credits . . Never used the antenna . . CBS sports has been restored . . Waiting on a local channel . .

Comment

We quit playing the DirecTV scam/game a year ago. No regrets. Saving $100/month by getting Hulu Live instead.

For those that are asking, there are many different ways to do it just depending on if what you already have. We have a smart tv in the living room with all the apps on the tv and a Amazon Fire cube in the other rooms where we don't have smart tvs.

Comment

Our problem is we have Suddenlink who is the best internet provider in terms of high speed. The problem is they make you bundle with a streamers package which includes basic cable + high usage plan for streaming. Runs about $125/mo. If you try and drop the basic & go to sling or similar then they jack their internet price to $110/mo so you end paying more when tacking on sling. Of course you get more channels with sling packages. Our issue is very limited options for changing internet providers. Frontier comm offers our area but not at a speed favorable for multi TV streaming. I think they offer to run fiber optic but you have to pay cost to do so

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                          Our problem is we have Suddenlink who is the best internet provider in terms of high speed. The problem is they make you bundle with a streamers package which includes basic cable + high usage plan for streaming. Runs about $125/mo. If you try and drop the basic & go to sling or similar then they jack their internet price to $110/mo so you end paying more when tacking on sling. Of course you get more channels with sling packages. Our issue is very limited options for changing internet providers. Frontier comm offers our area but not at a speed favorable for multi TV streaming. I think they offer to run fiber optic but you have to pay cost to do so
                          I have the Suddenlink issue too. Literally the only/fastest internet I can get and it sucks.

Half the time I have to stream off my Cell Phone. I haven't had any issues with Directv so far. Much better than Suddenlink on the TV side.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7X View Post
                            Beast TV with a firestick. I use it every day at home or on the road for a whopping $15 per month for three open connections. Around 4000 total channels including MLB, NFL, NHL, Golf etc.

I haven't gone down the DVR path with it yet but there are ways to do it. Really no need for it though when you can add other apps to Firestick to allow viewing of 99% of already run shows. Probably closer to 100% but wanna be safe and not over sale.

With beast tv I’m guessing you have to have good internet? I tried the 2 day trial and I have Hughes net because that is about all we can get and I can’t get anything to load in the evening. It works decent in the morning. YouTube tv seems to be loading better than beast, but I am impressed on the amount of channels it has for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X