Ever been busted with Ozonics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever been busted with Ozonics?

I got an Ozonics unit for my birthday. I’ve always been skeptical but wanted to try one anyway.
    Up until today I’ve had very good results that have made me a believer. The other day I had 3 bucks approach my stand at 40 yards on the downwind side. For a minute they seemed uneasy but quickly settled and continued browsing the food plot.

This morning I had a mature buck coming in. He was completely calm but the second he stepped in to my scent stream he alerted, looked my direction and trotted off. I had the Ozonics mounted just above me, pointing that direction.

For the Ozonics users, has it ever let you down or have you had only 100% success? Any tips to make it more effective?

I have several hit list bucks coming to this stand and hunters coming this weekend but the wind is supposed to be terrible for it all weekend. I was hoping we could use the Ozonics and hunt this set up but looks like I may just have to place a pop up on the other side of the plot.

Well yes

Comment

Yes. I borrowed Humper's for 6 hunts over two seasons and was busted 4 out of 6 times....including 2 hunts for the tall brow deer I shot last year. I was trying to decide if I wanted to spend the money on one and put it up after both those. Now did he smell me or the ozone and booger?.... I don't know. I just know he was walking in and at 40 yards both times, he threw his head up and turned around and moved off pretty quick. The year before it was a group of does that got me on back to back hunts. All hunts were in a box blind with one window open with the ozone falling over the open window scent. If not for those I would own one. Still very skeptical...

Comment

Yeah I have had deer very skittish from that ozonics blowing on them . They have to smell that smell that we can smell from the machine it’s just a smell they can’t pin point it really being danger but they know it’s something not right. But for the most part it works wonders they usually come with in bow range and stick around Long enough for a shot though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use mine all of the time, but still get busted periodically. I would say that I have noticed a decrease in occurrences. Enough to where I still carry it around and put it up every time. I would not say that it is 100% effective. More like 50-75%.

I think I notice more of a benefit with my boy now hunting with me. A 4 year old boy stinks and snacks a lot in the blind .

Comment

Ozonics does help but I still would not hunt with the wrong wind.

Comment

Nope. I use 4 of them so I get 360 coverage.

Comment

Yes used it once and was busted once...

Comment

I’m a firm believer in it. I’ve only had mine the past 2 seasons, but haven’t been busted yet. Last weekend I had it going and had a yote come in directly downwind of me at about 50-55 yards. He never spooked at all.

Comment

I'm a firm believe in them, but it's only one tool in my arsenal to beat their nose. I've been busted twice out of about 50 sits, both times by a matriarch doe. Had deer already in my set when it happened but them ol hags didn't care.
                    Some deer you will not beat... it is what it is. Usually when the ol girls start acting up my other deer just look at them like they're idiots. Killed one of them hags at about 25 yards because she wouldn't shut up. The other one I let roll because I was hunting a very large deer at that set.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                      Nope. I use 4 of them so I get 360 coverage.

Does it ever make you sick?

My understanding from the Ozonics rep is that the machine needs to be suspended above you and tilted at a slight angle, and the ozone must "rain" down on you. He said some people get sick or feel out of breath from it, till you get used to it. I aint been sold on one yet, hopefully I can learn more here.

Comment

It works 100% 50% of the time.

Comment

So you guys spent hundreds of dollars on this thing and...

It's not 100% effective.
                          You still have to play the wind.
                          The ozone smell boogers the deer.

Am I reading this right?

Comment

Use it on your clothes and all your equipment for a few hours prior and take it with you to the stand. Shower with scent killer soap always before a hunt and brush yo teef. Er lil bit helps when it comes to smart old bucks and snorting blowing nanny does. Try not to sweat if you been eating garlic or asparagus
                            An absolutely no flatulating in the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                              So you guys spent hundreds of dollars on this thing and...

It's not 100% effective. - Correct
                              You still have to play the wind. - Correct and obvious
                              The ozone smell boogers the deer. - Not correct

Am I reading this right?
                              Not exactly...but close. A few hundred dollars is worth any edge I can get when I spend thousands

Comment

Working...
                              X