No announcement yet.

How do you handle disappointment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life is a continual series of disappointments for everyone, but it’s how you learn from them and grow as a person that makes you a stronger person. Then when you do get that win, it makes it even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      There are disappointments in life. Accept it and move on.
      This is excellent advice as was Curt's. Change the things that you can, leave the rest behind. Otherwise, you are just worrying. My daddy was a worrier, and it contributed to his early death I'm certain. I determined early on that I would not be. Most of all, don't worry about the decisions and choices other people make, unless they're very close to you, because that's just looking for trouble. YMMV

Comment

As others have said, focus on things you can control and let go of things you can't control. In my experience a lot of people have trouble distinguishing between the two...

Comment

Life lessons, move on just a little wiser.

Comment

Poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
              Patients grasshopper, have patients.
              So you have to be a doctor?

Comment

I always lower my expectaions, therefore, I am never dissapointed! Told this to my former LEO supervisors several times during this my last two years before retiring, when they would ask why I was in such a good mood.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigpiggy View Post
                  This subject covers a wide gamut. It could be disappointment in hunting or it could be more serious things in life.

I sure haven’t always handled it well. Sometimes I didn’t get the job I wanted and prayed so hard for. It was a real kick in the pants.

What about the girl you loved so much but that didn’t work out as you hoped either? Oh man, I know how that feels for sure. It really sucks.

Time, prayer, and lots of deep thinking seems to be how I get through it all. And of course just keep trying and never giving up on dreams. I’ve been thrown off horses before and hit the ground hard. Thankfully never sustained any serious injuries. Mainly just got bruised and stunned. But I got up and right back on that horse. It’s not easy but it’s the better option. Don’t just quit.
                  Like you, I do not/have not handled disappointment very well, depending on the situation. Its not as easy as "Hey I will just get over it and move on". No one handles high level disappointment that way, unless you are just cold and a care less person. We all deal with it the best way we can. The only way I can is involving GOD. Prayer and as you said "deep thinking".

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    So you have to be a doctor?
                    Some folks didn't pass spelling. And some wonder if its important.

Comment

How do you handle disappointment?

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                      Patients grasshopper, have patients.

Like a doctor?

Edit: Someone beat me to it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Jamesdad07; 11-04-2018, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Mostly prayer and perspective. I live by the saying “You’ve got to find the pony in the pile of ‘poop’”. There is always some good in the worst of situations, or at bare minimum, there is something to be learned. This has been a rough year for me in general. My focus mostly goes to the thought that it could always be worse, and someone out there always has it worse than I do. Some of the seemingly “worst” things in my life have turned out to be the best things that could have happened. When my focus is on my problems, it seems like they grow. When I shift my focus to all the blessings I really have (in the grand scheme of things) my attitude changes.

Comment

Post #5 & #6 pretty well sum it up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X