No announcement yet.

Just shot a Buck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would be fair to cover gas round trip and a little extra for time and trouble. I would think $75-100 a fair price if found.

Comment

In for the recovery

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
        Fortunately I've never had to call on one but when you have a guy and dog come out, what is the customary fee or "tip" that you need to pay?

It varies a lot and usually dependent on how good their dog is..... if they have a fee they will tell you up front....There can be a show fee, and a fee if found....and then fuel/travel fee....and then some folks just want to work their dog for a tip.

Some have a flat fee and fuel.....Some have just a flat fee

Mine last year with my avatar deer was a $350 flat fee plus $100 in fuel travel (3 hour round trip) so $450 deer or no deer. But he's one of the best in the business. I was hesitant at first at that cost but the brows made me say screw it. Matt found him in 20 minutes. After putting my hands on the buck after the rodeo it was, I never even missed the $450..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          It varies a lot and usually dependent on how good their dog is..... if they have a fee they will tell you up front....There can be a show fee, and a fee if found....and then fuel/travel fee....and then some folks just want to work their dog for a tip.

Mine last year with my avatar deer was a $350 flat fee plus $100 in fuel travel (3 hour round trip) so $450 deer or no deer. But he's one of the best in the business. I was hesitant at first at that cost but the brows made me say screw it. Matt found him in 20 minutes. After putting my hands on the buck after the rodeo it was, I never even missed the $450..
          Love to hear about success I'm praying mine is the same way! How was the blood trail?

Comment

Wayne here is a good list at the top of the campfire forum and you can see the different prices

Comment

Dang guess I’m way off on price. Sounds like it was worth it for you though. Great deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt life View Post
                Love to hear about success I'm praying mine is the same way! How was the blood trail?

We followed him for 600 yards on decent blood (thought it was closer to 400 but found out later that dog guy's GPS said our mark was 600 from the blind), determined we were pushing him and backed out because of that and our phones were dying with our GPSs and compasses at night. It was one of those new moon overcast nights where you couldn't see you hand in front of your face and we are loaded with tall live oaks that all looked the same..... Dog took up the trail from my blind and had him in 20 minutes. He had expired another 280 yards from our last mark.

Good luck to you and your dog guy.

Comment

Matt is one of the best!!! Had to use him once myself many years ago when Smoke was just a pup.. It was impressive to watch to say the least!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                    Dang guess I’m way off on price. Sounds like it was worth it for you though. Great deer.

Thank you!

If you look at the TBH list you aren't far off. I just paid a premium for my choice and his travel to get him there. Told Matt, I hope I never have to see him again for a deer of mine, but I would call him if I needed to.
                    Last edited by Smart; 11-07-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

When I used a dog it was $100 if he didn't find him, $250 if found. Flat fee.

Comment

In for updates!

Comment

in

Comment

Hoping for short recovery !

Comment

Every year, SMH...

Comment

In for the LDP.

Comment

Working...