Mini Split A/C Quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Split A/C Quote

I’m looking at adding a mini split for our master bedroom. I got this quote for a wall mounted and a ducted unit. Does this seem about the going rate for each of these applications?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following, I got a quote for 9600.00, it was for a commercial 4 ton unit with 3 wall mounts, it is for my barn which is 1800 downstairs and 900 upstairs.

Comment

I just got a verbal quote on a 12k unit at about 3K installed, which is consistent with your quote.

Doug

Comment

They are very easy to install fyi. Only have to put a vacuum on the line and open the precharged valves.

1k will by a nice 12k unit. I installed my own in 2 hours.

Sean

Comment

First, it's a poor solution. Second, it's waaaayyyy tooo much $$$$.

Zone your existing central HVAC with the master bedroom. Much more comfort and value.

Comment

Good grief that seems high. I had 2 24k heat pump mini-split systems installed for $1500 each. They were not ducted. I ordered the systems from Amazon and had my A/C guy install them. Units were $1000 and he charged me $450 each to install them.

Comment

Just found that gree unit on Amazon for 800.

He is way high man.

Comment

More than half of that quote will be Labor.
                Save a lot if you can DIY

Comment

These are really easy to install if you are handy around the house....

Especially the 110 units...

I wouldn't pay to have it installed

Comment

they DIY split units now, no Freonto have AC company install.....connect it up an open a valve....Freon fills the system...they are super easy if you have some basic carpentry skills

Comment

I would t into the master AC unit, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                        First, it's a poor solution. Second, it's waaaayyyy tooo much $$$$.

Zone your existing central HVAC with the master bedroom. Much more comfort and value.
                        What’s it usually cost to zone the system? It’s definitely not zoned. That’s the first thing I checked before having someone out. Thinking I could just adjust dampers and solve the problem. Pretty sure it’s original duct work from 1985.

Comment

Way to high. They are pretty easy to install.

Comment

I have installed them for 2k my cost was 2/3 of that #.
                            Unless you're having to add an additional breaker box or something silly it's really high

Comment

Gree is HORRIBLE. Most supply houses quit carrying them. Mini splits are great for certain applications.

Comment

Working...
                              X