Duramax help?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duramax help?????

2013 3500 Duramax. My batteries went bad on me yesterday and after replacing them both today I have no cold a/c. A/c blows hard just hot like the heater is on. Read on a couple forums that I need to reset the climate control and bcm? Anybody gone through this? I have to think this is related.

I did on my ‘05. I just pulled all the HVAC fuses and let it sit for about 30 minutes and everything was ice cold again. Mine has the dual zone climate control though idk if your does or not

Comment

Yes sir it does. Going to try that now. Did you disconnect the battery or not while the fuse was out?

Comment

When you repower the system, do not touch the A/C controls when you crank it up. They actuators go thru a reset for about the first minute. Then you can operate as normal.

Comment

I can’t remember if I did or not. It happened to me probably 3 years ago now, I don’t think I did though. I found a video on YouTube we’re the guy walks through it on his cat eye duramax. On mine the a/c was working on the passenger side but heat comin out the driver side, of that don’t work for you it’s the actuator

Comment

Originally posted by KBM View Post
            I did on my ‘05. I just pulled all the HVAC fuses and let it sit for about 30 minutes and everything was ice cold again. Mine has the dual zone climate control though idk if your does or not
            Thanks, I pulled all HVAC fuses out and started the pickup. Let it run for a bit and plugged the fuses back in and I have cold a/c. Hope that was the fix. Thanks again.

Comment

Pretty typical of a GM when the battery is disconnected , sometimes the actuator will relearn other times it won’t. When they won’t, it will need a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                Thanks, I pulled all HVAC fuses out and started the pickup. Let it run for a bit and plugged the fuses back in and I have cold a/c. Hope that was the fix. Thanks again.
                No problem

Comment

Working...
                X