Poly blind window questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poly blind window questions

Those of you with poly blinds, if you have the deluxe deerview windows, did you frame them or just run screws into the poly?

I’m about to start on this guy.

Following.

Comment

I just use self taping screws, they seal up and I have not had a leak yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsman View Post
        Those of you with poly blinds, if you have the deluxe deerview windows, did you frame them or just run screws into the poly?

I’m about to start on this guy.

I am in for answers as well, I think I am going with 3 12x24 deluxe windows and a 24” x 60” door. What route are you going for your door?

Comment

I bought blind, door and windows at Bovine. I am about to put a couple deerview in a few blind spots.

Comment

The windows are good to go. The door I have is the 30x60. I’ll most likely have to frame it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Will the deerview windows work on the round fiberglass tanks without framing them in?

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMAN View Post
                Will the deerview windows work on the round fiberglass tanks without framing them in?
                Not unless you use a lot of sealant. Even after I did that, the windows still leaked.

Comment

I originally just screwed mine in but you can’t really get it tight enough to pull the poly flat to the frame. Then when the poly expand and contracts the latches don’t work well. Eventually went back and built frames. Much happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMAN View Post
                    I had planned on making a frame out of treated wood and mounting the windows to the frame. The frames would be curved and routed to fit but flat on the face if that makes sense?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Makes perfect sense, thanks. I figured I would use wood cut to the shape of the blind , screw that down then attach the windows.

Comment

Working...
                      X