Son’s Shop Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son’s Shop Build

This will be an ongoing thread. Will update as much as I can.

My son isn’t much into swing sets or toys. He’s into working, so instead of buying or building a swing set he would use for a few years my wife and I decided to build him a shop. Now he’s only three but it’s a place for him to put his stuff and to grow into.

Here we are not having any clue what we are getting into, trying to learn how to build a foundation for this thing!

Now I have no background in construction, only welding and fabricating and I haven’t done either in 7 years. So don’t criticize too much
    Attached Files

Ok to get us to today. Walls went up, windows installed, door was hung, roof was put on (tin roof), trench dig for electrical, small windows installed above door, lights installed, trimmed out, painted.

I have also installed an air conditioner. (Window unit framed on the back wall)

Plans are to build a deck on the front and two sides. Then start insulation and finish work on the interior. Still trying to decide what to put up for walls.

Nothing has been hired out all has been done by myself, with the help of my dad and father in law when they get the chance.
    Attached Files

Comment

You could of fooled me saying you had no experience in construction! That thing looks top notch and I’m sure your boy is going to enjoy it a lot!

Comment

Heck of job.

Comment

Wow! That’s awesome

Comment

very nice

Comment

Well done

Comment

nice!

Comment

Sounds like a good kid and a great dad. It will give you and him years of good times together.

Comment

Outstanding result. I would think about 1/2 plywood on the interior walls. This would allow you to hang shelves, storage, other stuff without worrying about where studs are.

Drywall will look nice but wear out in a shop real quick.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I was going to say, "You could have fooled me". That's about as good as it gets without outsourcing during the build.

Comment

Nice build! Your son made out on that deal!!

Comment

Looks great, not sure how you ran power to the boys shop but I would suggest a switch between the house and his shop to cut power so that you don’t have to go out there every evening to check if anything was left on.

Comment

Pretty dang cool

Comment

As in typical TBH fashion, way overbuilt and I love it. You developed some skills if you did not already have them.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Working...
                              X