No announcement yet.

1997 2 door Tahie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have my 1997 2-door that I got in college (1999) and drive it around on the weekends. It is currently stock (mileage at 245K) with only upgrades being ranch hand replacement front and back bumpers. Plan is to do as much of a restoration as needed to get it looking and running good, until I can proceed with a motor/tranny upgrade and straight axle swap sometime in the future.

Comment

Do me one favor and put some rubber around the wheels.. I hate Low pro mud grips.

Comment

I will put bigger tires after a small lift. I think the rear main seal is leaking which may slow down the cosmetic stuff. I definitely wasn't expecting this set back. I wish it had stock rims, but these will do.

I would love ranch hands on front and rear, but not going to pay for new ones on this old of a truck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Side molding to stay black, paint white, or remove all together? It needs to be replaced if I keep it black, so I plasti-dipped it for effect.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
            at least put decent tires on it.
            rubber bands are for donks!
            Very true...

Comment

Haven't done any work to it other than clean it thoroughly. Took it to work today and ran great. Last time it would randomly die for no apparent reason and start right back up and run good. Today it was perfect. Still need to get leak figured out.

Comment

Remove the molding all together. Given the age it will probably take the paint with it like it did on my old 4 door:

I've had about a dozen 88-99 GMs and they are still my favorite vintage. I've got a cherry 98 Ext Cab z71 that I bought from my college roomates mom. Has about the same miles as yours. It runs great but the motor is getting tired (trans is about a year old less than 5k miles) so I'm considering a 5.3 swap in the next few years. The paint is starting to peel a little on the passenger side but otherwise the body is straight. The interior is the kicker as she had seat covers on it from day one and even kept all the carpets covered with towels. It's like a time capsule inside.

Comment

love some K5's

Comment

Working...
                  X