End of an era...Schlitterbahn water park to be sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of an era...Schlitterbahn water park to be sold

Selling to an Ohio based company that owns Cedar Pointe Amusement park...

That boys death, and lawsuits have taken their toll on the company....

Hopefully nothing will change except the ownership.....

Although the crowds being less would be a good thing, we haven't been back to NEW B park since it took 4 hours to ride 2 rides, and we left

That is the end of an era for sure, kinda sad. Obviously it has changed so much over the years as we grew up but still a good story. I thought them taking over the old Glastron boat plant was a great idea and put some folks back to work in that area.

Sounds like some family feuding also took place? I am sure the death was a huge factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      That is the end of an era for sure, kinda sad. Obviously it has changed so much over the years as we grew up but still a good story. I thought them taking over the old Glastron boat plant was a great idea and put some folks back to work in that area.

Sounds like some family feuding also took place? I am sure the death was a huge factor.
      The brothers have been at odds for years.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
        Selling to an Ohio based company that owns Cedar Pointe Amusement park...

That boys death, and lawsuits have taken their toll on the company....

Hopefully nothing will change except the ownership.....

Although the crowds being less would be a good thing, we haven't been back to NEW B park since it took 4 hours to ride 2 rides, and we left

https://www.chron.com/business/local...n-13985150.php
        And for some reason, there's never a crowd in the bathroom

Comment

Cedar Point is one of the best run amusement parks in America. Fastest roller coasters, very nice facilities. When I lived up there, it was the place to go. Much bigger deal than Six Flags up there. Cedar Point's only downfall is its in Ohio. I doubt anything will change locally, except for the better.

Comment

I remember as a kid we could ride a chute, run back towards the next and be back on it in maybe 5 minutes. The lines are crazy, I'd rather just go sit in the Frio now days, but we had a lot of fun there as kids.

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
              and for some reason, there's never a crowd in the bathroom
              lol

Comment

Neat looking at the old pictures in the slide show.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  Cedar Point is one of the best run amusement parks in America. Fastest roller coasters, very nice facilities. When I lived up there, it was the place to go. Much bigger deal than Six Flags up there. Cedar Point's only downfall is its in Ohio. I doubt anything will change locally, except for the better.

Been there over 100 times....it is a great park !!!!

and I am originally from Ohio

Comment

From the sound of it the new buyers will improve on the water parks. Going there was a yearly event for my family when I was growing up.

Comment

I guess they're keeping the Corpus location?

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
                        And for some reason, there's never a crowd in the bathroom
                        almost spit my coffee up when I read that

Comment

I'm sure it's the Liberals fault.

Comment

Looking at those old photos sure brought back some good memories

Comment

[QUOTE] I guess they're keeping the Corpus location?[/QUOTE

The Corpus one went into bankruptcy a while back and was sold at auction several months ago. I forgot who bought it, but it might have actually been one of the banks......that place over all was/is a huge let down for that area. They hyped it up so much, it really didn't meet anybody's expectations

Comment

Working...
                              X