Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of the 2 story blind....Here we go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weather forecast is showing rain/snow for Friday and Saturday. Sux! I was going to try to pour it on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Maybe call it the "Dry Bean" after the saloon in Lonesome Dove? Bar down stairs, "sports" above.
      This was the first thing I thought when I saw the thread title!

Originally posted by macoop View Post
      The weather forecast is showing rain/snow for Friday and Saturday. Sux! I was going to try to pour it on Friday.

Comment

Cool

Comment

Well DANGIT, I guess you'll just have to den up in the line shack and shoot some pigs from there! In the snow......
          Last edited by Dale Moser; 02-05-2014, 11:39 PM.

Comment

In

Comment

I was going to pour today but found out that the concrete plant in Post has shut down. Next closest is in Slaton and my minimum is 5 yards and with the mileage it's going to cost me about $750. That sucks! My pour is almost 2 yards so to be able to use the minimum 5 yards I am going to dig footings for one more blind and also a small well house. I'm going to TRY to get them dug and formed tomorrow so I can pour next Friday. Bummer.
              Last edited by macoop; 02-07-2014, 10:43 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Subscribed

Comment

That's a stinker. :-(
                  Subscribed

Comment

Subscribed

Comment

We had about a foot of snow at the ranch earlier this week and the place was still white when I got there yesterday. While I was there it all melted in the 60 degree weather and it was a sloppy mess. I was able to get to one of the other pours I am going to do while I have the concrete truck and I got the footings dug and got it formed up. I couldn't get back to the other blind I am going to pour to get it dug and formed.

Friday's pour looks doubtful at this point. I may not be able to get a concrete truck in there for a week and that is assuming we don't get any more moisture. Bummer. I sure would hate to get a concrete truck stuck though. I'm guessing it would take a dozer to get one out and they would tear the crap out of my pasture doing it.

Comment

Thanks to our PAST presidents I was afforded the opportunity to pour the concrete on both blinds today. The 2 story blind has the hexagonal front and the other one has a round front. The round front blind will be about 6' tall. Just big enough to get in and comfortably hunt from when the wind is right to slip in there. I didn't have a blind that was easy to get into when I had a north or east wind so this is a big bonus for me. All of the blinds are great to hunt with just about any wind but getting into the blinds isn't always ideal.
                        I just could resist adding the Cabelas effect on the 2nd one. Deer tracks!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Cabela's affect

Don't know why it wouldn't let me load another photo..............
                          Attached Files

Comment

Keep em coming! Following like crazy. Offseason boredom... Plus your builds are just awesome.

Comment

Been waiting for this one to update

Comment

Don't know why it wouldn't let me load another photo..............

That's awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X