No announcement yet.

RV generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have 2 of the Harbor Freight 3500W inverters at work and have been running then daily for 2 years. Not a single hiccup. I think we paid $800 each. The parallel kit was about $50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      Weight and fuel consumption are HUGE. If I was you I would be looking at two honda 2200 to run together, or similar inverter style. The advantage is during cooler weather you will only need to run one(1/2 the fuel), but if you need the run the AC you can run both. Also moving a 50# generator is far easier than a 150# even if the big one is on wheels. At some point you will have to load and unload it.
      You can’t be the EU2000 toss in the Aux fuel tank and it’s a heck of a deal.

Worth the lack of back doctor bill alone

I run 15k btu plus all the other stuff and had no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by brianl View Post
        weight and fuel consumption are huge. If i was you i would be looking at two honda 2200 to run together, or similar inverter style. The advantage is during cooler weather you will only need to run one(1/2 the fuel), but if you need the run the ac you can run both. Also moving a 50# generator is far easier than a 150# even if the big one is on wheels. At some point you will have to load and unload it.
        This.

I have an old school Honda 5500W that was bought in 1983 and it is still going strong. I kinda wish it would die so i can have a reason to get two 2200W paralleled.

Comment

Hard to beat the Champion brand for the $. Costco has a couple good options to check out with both Champion & Yamaha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

i ran a harbor freight predator 3500 watt all weekend(thur-Sunday) on about 15 gallons of gas, ran ac all weekend along with water heater, fridge and lights

Comment

Working...
            X