Lease RV MUST'S!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease RV MUST'S!

Learned the hard way but won't take ANYTHING for granted anymore during the off season!

We had to have some repairs done and the "hard learned lesson" was NOT sealing ANY possible entrances for Bee's, Mud Dobbers, etc.

1st, and most important since I am allergic, bee's found a way in from a hot/cold faucet on the end of the Prowler and took up residence in the bathroom. The outside faucets were there to use for game washing or outside shower if needed. Well, the dam bee's made their way thru the small gaps and had a HUGE hive underneath the bathroom sink!

The vent for the hot water heater was NOT mesh covered and dirt dobbers had so much "crap" in the vents it was a miracle the heater had not gone out and explains the slower than normal heating last year?!

We have a VERY good RV repairman out of Angelo that got it all resolved but take this as gospel, put at the minimum a wire mesh around ANY possible entry for the dam bugs! Yeah, I know better but took it for granted and took some work and $$ to get it resolved. Hopefully I won't have to ever use the Epi Pen at least while relaxing after a great day in the country?!

Now Momma and I can enjoy what we love....Beware, pun intended!

I actually got my first “real” RV on Monday and one of the things I had installed was the little mesh doo dads over those vents. Now you got me thinking I need to search all over for more spaces critters could get in LOL. Glad you got yours fixed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
      I actually got my first “real” RV on Monday and one of the things I had installed was the little mesh doo dads over those vents. Now you got me thinking I need to search all over for more spaces critters could get in LOL. Glad you got yours fixed!!

Same here. Bought mine couple months ago and they preached so much about screening over ever item they gave me the screens.

I now believe it was dobbers that clogged a holding tank roof vent on my Lake Fork camper. Would be empty but toilet would act clogged all the time.

Comment

When you're not going to be there for several days (over a week or more), hand those no-pest strips inside and under it. They repel all kinds of bugs and IF they do get in, they'll be dedd as a do-nail in about a hour... We put 'em in our box blinds and pop ups too... Don't know if they're responsible for no snakes in the ground blinds, but never had a snake in one with a no-pest strip... Many years ago they were "Shell no-pest strips", but the ones we have not I think are "Hot Shot no-pest strips" in a greenish package.

Edit to add: When you get to camp, take the strips out and put 'em outside in a ziploc bag and open the winders and let the camper air out a bit while you walk around and pick up or sweep the dedd bugs out the house.

Comment

I had planned to spray the whole thing with demon literally everywhere. I wonder if that will be a deterrent lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            When you're not going to be there for several days (over a week or more), hand those no-pest strips inside and under it. They repel all kinds of bugs and IF they do get in, they'll be dedd as a do-nail in about a hour... We put 'em in our box blinds and pop ups too... Don't know if they're responsible for no snakes in the ground blinds, but never had a snake in one with a no-pest strip... Many years ago they were "Shell no-pest strips", but the ones we have not I think are "Hot Shot no-pest strips" in a greenish package.

Edit to add: When you get to camp, take the strips out and put 'em outside in a ziploc bag and open the winders and let the camper air out a bit while you walk around and pick up or sweep the dedd bugs out the house.

Ok after reading this I grabbed 12 of these strips. I will keep them and use them instead of the demon. Thanks!!

Comment

I spray suspend sc poly zone and onslaught fastcap mixed together twice a year inside and outside at my building at the deer lease. No bugs no more, wife hates bugs.

Comment

I guy told me to hang medicated cow ear tags around it too... not sure about that one.

Comment

Kuma, you need to toughen up!

Comment

A metal roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                      Kuma, you need to toughen up!
                      Hell, I'm old Doug, lol!!

Comment

Lease RV MUST'S!

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                        I guy told me to hang medicated cow ear tags around it too... not sure about that one.

The cow ear tags at TSC are what we hang in our blinds. They work.
                        As for the RVs and camp houses......what Charlie says. The Hot Shot No-pest strips are great

Comment

I cut those Hot Shot Strips in half for box blinds and I keep a ziploc baggie in the stand to put it in when I'm hunting the blind. Rehang after I get out of it...

Comment

Spray demon all round your camper and inside works very well.

Comment

Working...
                            X